cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non accounting/ billing element shown in CJ30

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a project structure whereby some WBS elements are intended solely for the monitoring of project progress; hence they are not defined as planning/ accounting/ billing elements.

However, when I am in transaction CJ30 for project budgeting, these WBS elements are still shown, and budgeting can still be performed.

How can I define WBS elements so that budgeting is not allowed?

Many thanks in advance

- Daniel Koh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried locking the respective WBS elements in CJ20N for budgeting? Menu path is:

Edit -> Status -> Lock -> Budget

Regards,

Kenneth

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all. I have instructed my users to set a budget lock status manually for WBS elements that are not relevant for budgeting.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the operative indicators are not meant to stop billing

For this you should set up user status to forbid budgeting transaction on your WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply.

In my case, only certain groups of WBS elements need to be forbidden from budgeting transactions; restricting it via user status would my my entire project structure will be blocked against budgeting.

Is there any other way of restricting budgeting at individual WBS element level?

Many thanks again.

Regards,

Daniel Koh

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

set two user staus

one to allow budgeting

one to forbid budgeting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assign User status profile to WBS element only. with this you control budgeting WBSE wise.

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

From what I understand, status profile for WBS is assigned at Project Definition level. Hence it is not possible to set distinct status profiles for each WBS element.

Defining separate status might be a plausible solution, however it would mean some kind of user intervention is required to set the user status to one that is allowed/ disallowed for budgeting at the point of WBS element creation.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

first of all status profile is set on Project Definition for the object Project Defintion

AND

WBS for the object WBS element

In the WBS status profile you can have both the user statuses.

Once the project is created the user will have to set which WBS is not required to be budgeted

This can be automated by using a function module to set status in WBS based on some criteria say master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can assign User status profile to Project defination and WBSE seperatly. If you assign profile to WBSE, it is in WBSE only not in Project Defination.

Sudhir