cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation of cancelled billing document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My client is facing a problem where in the user instead of cancelling a billing document he just cancelled the very next number whicl was already been sent to customer.

Now my head asking me to reverse the cancelling document, for which i apposed that cancellation of billing S1 document is not possible and it will not give the billing no as same before.

He wants like

EG : Invoice no. cancellation no. new invoice no.

0001 --> 111 --> 0001

I tried in sand box with current financial year data. System did not allowed.

Now the problem is my head tried simulating with old data i.e 2007 data where system is allowing to cancel the cancelled document and giving the same billing doc no, as shows in above eg. any how accounting entries not generated.

So now i am in a place to answer why system allowes for old document and not allowing for current data.

Please advice.

Thanks and regards

Praveen Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Praveen

Once you cancel a billing document, you cannot restore the original status. You have to create another billing document with subsequent number range. If you want, you can retain the same excise invoice number but not the same billing number

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Praveen,

You cannot Cancel Cancelled Invoices & Credit Memos, no wonder how the system allowed for 2007 data.

The options you have is to create new Invoice & give it to Customer or pass JV that reverses the effect of Cancelled Invoice.

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The document in SAP system can be reversed only once, that's mean you can not reverse the cancellation document any more!

From my point of view, since the billing document had been reversed, you can create a new billing document rather than reverse the cancellation!

Hope can help you to solve the problem!

Good luck

Tao