cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of Permission Actions and Roles ? Load up from Frontend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I am searching the ultimate List of Permissions, Actions and Roles, because i frequently have problems to find the special ones.

At present i have the problem, that i am not privileged to upload packages from the frontend using SAINT. I assinged the profile S_A.SYSTEM to the user, but he is not allowed to upload via SAPGui.

Can s.o. help me?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check whether you have autorization object S_GUI.you need this auth in your user profile to upload/downlod ect using gui.If you dont have this , go to SUIM and search for appropriate profile/role which containts this auth and assign to the user.I think you can assign profile S_ADM ( Profile for Basis administration ). S_A.SYSTEM doesnt have S_GUI auth object Correct me if I am wrong.

You can also assign SAP_ALL as Gary said if your security team/policy allows you to do that.

Thanks

Prince Jose

Message was edited by: Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bjorn,

Your question has many answers and could well provoke a lengthy discussion about SAP security.

If you have the ability to administer users in your system, then you should be able to allocate profiles SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW to the user you are using to execute SAINT. SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW have nearly all authorisations in the SAP system. Generally, SAINT and SPAM are executed in client 000 with a user (other than DDIC or SAP*) who has these two profiles assigned to their user master record.

You could also issue transaction SU53 after you have received the authorisation error in SAINT. This will show you the last authorisation failure suffered by your user. Using this authorisation, you can track down a profile that contains the necessary level if authorisation using transaction SUIM. However, you should find that SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW contain all the necessary authorisations to execute SAINT and SPAM.

We use a specific user in client 000 named SPMANAGER to import Support Packages and Add-Ons. This user has profiles SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW assigned and has had no problems executing SAINT and SPAM.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gary