cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DataVolumes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is first time iam working on maxdb,Iam having 11 datavolumes(data0001 to data0011),in that 5 datavolumes are showing with size,type,device/file like 10,000.00 MB,FILE,sid/sapdata/DISKD0001 to DISKD0005.On data0006 when i double clicked and i cliked OK button its added with size,i want to delete that size and data0006 will be shown as empty.guide me for the same for what i have to do.

Thanku

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Thanku,

-> Please post more information.

What is the database version & the datavolume configuration?

Run the following commands & update the thread with output:

sdbregview -l

dbmcli -d <SID> -u <dbm-user>,<dbmuser-pwd> show version

dbmcli -d <SID> -u <dbm-user>,<dbmuser-pwd> param_getvolsall

-> See the documentation at http://maxdb.sap.com/doc/7_6/default.htm

< MAXDB library >

-> Tools -> db_deletevolume

As of database version 7.6 you can delete data volumes when the database is in ONLINE status.

You could use the dbm command 'db_deletevolume', for example, & connect to the database as

dbm user < control, by default SAP installation > using dbmcli tool.

-> You could use the DBMGUI tool too. It is explained in MAXDB documentation, I gave you link above.

If the database is online, in Configuration & Volumes you will see the datavolume name,size type and Device/File for the created by the database kernel volumes & another volumes could be added when the database is online or admin status. You can use the general database parameter MAXDATAVOLUMES to configure the maximum amount of data volumes that you can define for a database instance.

If the database is online, in Configuration & Volumes, mark the last volume, click write mouse button -> delete.

Before to do so please be sure that you have enough space in the created datavolumes, the data from the specified data volume is distributed to the remaining data volumes.

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Answers (0)