cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed in understanding MM terminalogies .

former_member196299
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SDNers,

I am basically an ABAP consultant and trying to learn the complete functionality of

Material Management . I do not have any industry knowlegde of a Manufacturing company .

Hence I find most of the terminalogies unknown to me .

Kindly guide me with some of the links/ documents which will guide me in understanding those .

Thanks in advance for your help .

Regards,

Ranjita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member196299
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you all

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I do not have any industry knowlegde of a Manufacturing company .

..Who insist you to go in MM or what makes you eager to move in MM without any prior domain knowledge.

Believe me there are plenty of nice technologies in SAP which must need ABAP knowledge like XI BI Workflow WebDynpro ABAP WebDynpro JAVA Etc which are floating in market and using at large scale with SAP customers.

I would suggest you to go with either of these or all. Hence your Prior knowledge and Experience would also count and worthy enough.

~ 2 Cents

former_member196299
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for the advice ..

I have knowledge in Webdynpro ABAP and now I want to go in a direction where I can be a

techno-functional consultant . My plan is to move to SRM and for that I should understand MM

completely . Hence I started reading MM but ..

Regards,

Ranjita

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hence I started reading MM but ..

But....Power gone?;-)

Okay back to topic: I read this from somewhere: SAP SRM enables the full range of supply and procurement activities, closing the loop from strategy stage to execution. SAP SRM will help you optimize operations and put together a world-class supply and procurement operation, with a scalable platform and an easy-to-use business user interface that enables processes in the following key areas:

For switching in SRM you must have basic knowledge of SAP enterprise buyer and SAP solution manager where as few basic knowledge of MM would also helpful. The must is Domain knowledge towards Management skills not towards MM configuration.

All The best.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos