cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use Non-Dialog SAP UserID to define JOBs in PRD?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can I use Non-Dialog SAP UserID to define JOBs in PRD?

As we known, every Dialog SAP UserID will occupy one SAP License in PRD circumstances.

Esp. when the job definer left, his/her SAP UserID will still occupy one SAP License.

It's a kind of waste.

My question is: Can I use Non-Dialog SAP UserID to define JOBs in PRD?

Note: Dialog,System,Communication Data,Reference,Service (Six kinds of SAP UserID)

The advantages I considered If I use non-dialog SAP UserID to define JOBS in PRD:

(1)Save SAP License.

(2)The SAP UserID(In spite of he/she is left) and Jobs don't have any relations.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can, most companies use a "batch user" to run jobs and you can set it as a system user.

Read,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3d/3272396ace5534e10000000a11405a/content.htm

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thank you very much!

You told me I can use 'batch user'.

But as I known, there are only five user types in SAP, they are: Dialog,System,Communication Data,Reference,Service.

Which type dose ' bathc user' reside?

Thanks&Regards!

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Batch User resides in user type "Service"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Right?

' bathc user' = "Service" ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Read this Note : [553606|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=553606] - Though this is quite old note.

As per this note service users, reference users, communication users and system users are excluded from the count of total users.

Using System or Service as should not be a problem...

Difference between both the users are....

System user:

System-dependent and system-internal operations

• Logon with SAPGUI is not possible. The user is therefore not interaction-capable with the SAPGUI.

• The passwords are not subject to to the password change requirement, that is, they cannot be initial or expired.

• Only an administrator user can change the password.

** Multiple logon is permitted.*

Usage: Internal RFC, background processing, external RFC (for example, ALE, workflow, TMS, CUA)

Service user 'S' :

Shared system access (anonymous)

• Logon with SAPGUI is possible. The user is therefore interaction-capable with the SAPGUI.

• The passwords are not subject to the password change requirement, that is, they cannot be initial or expired.

• Only a user administrator can change the password.

** Multiple logon is permitted.*

Usage: Anonymous system access (for example, public Web services)

Use according to your requirement.

Answers (0)