Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incompletion log

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

1. i want to make field po no & po date as mandatory which must be entered

otherwise error message must come -rite now i've done setting by which warning message is coming

how to make it a mandatory entry?

2. in incompletion procedure setting we have table -field & SCREEN

How to find to which screen - table/field belongs (say sales group/sales office) etc

PL suggest

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just activate the "Incompletion message" field in the Sales document type /order type (VOV8) after including the PO number field in the Incompletion procedure also you must have assigned the Incompletion procedure to the Sales document type.

Now, unless you give the value in the POnumber field system will not allow to proceed you further.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

1 i want to make po date/material to be mandatory -error message must come if not entered in sales order

How to find to which screen - table/field belongs (say sales group/sales office) etc

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aspirant,

The Incompletion Log settings are done under:

SPRO --> IMG --> Sales and Distribution --> Basic Functions --> Log of Incomplete Items --> Define Incompleteness Procedure

Select Group as "A - Sales - Header" and click: Procedures (left-hand Dialog Structure)

On to next screen, Select Incompleteness Procedure as "11 - Standard Order" and and click: Fields (left-hand Dialog Structure)

Here, maintain

Table---Fld NameDescription

Screen-StatusWarning--

Sequence

VBKD--BSTKD---PO number

KBES---- 01--
Check box for error

VBKD--BSTDK---Purchase order dateKBES---04

Check box for error-----0

SPRO --> IMG --> Sales and Distribution --> Basic Functions --> Log of Incomplete Items --> Assign Incompleteness Procedure --> Assign procedures to the sales document types

Here, Assign your Incompleteness Procedure, i.e. "11 - Standard Order" - as defined in earlier step; to your Sales Document Types, say Sales Order, Quotation etc..

Now, Go to -

T. Code: VOV8

and assign Incompleteness Procedure, i.e. "11 - Standard Order" in to Field: Incompl.proced., under Tab: Transaction Flow - for your Sales Doc. Type

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

in incompletion procedure i've set warning check box but only warning message is coming

how to make error message to come if po date/material/ qty is not entered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aspirant,

The other way, was suggested by me, in following thread. Just check with:

[Sales order should not get saved without entering the material|]

Hope, this would be helpful.

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you added the field in the Incompletion procedure for header, if not add it and assign the Procedure to your Sales document type.

"Material number" and "Quantity" are item level fields, so create an Incompletion procedure for the Item level.

Add these fields in your Incompletion procedure and then assign the Procedure to the Item category.

Now, for your "Sales document type" in t.code VOV8, activate the "Incompletion message" field.

By activating this check box for youe Sales document type, system will not allow you proceed if you have not entered the value for PO Number as you have now marked the field as mandatory.

In this case system will ignore the settings in the "status group" in your procedure and it will not allow you to proceed from the sales order (it will not allow you to save the order).

If you will not activate this field in the Sales document type, then system will prohibit you in the process as specified in the "Status group " in your incompletion procedure for the respective field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

both setting i've done at header & item level for incompletion procedure

i want to make material /Qty to be entered mandatorily without which sales order cannot be saved

Pl suggest

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems you have made the settings for wrong Item type.

As material & Quantity are item Level data follow this:

IMG - Sales and Distribution - Basic Functions - Log of Incomplete Items - Define Incompleteness Procedures - Select B - Sales Item.

Click on procedures & select you require ITEM TYPE (e.g. Standars Item, Service Item, Contract item, etc) & select on Fields

Now make the settings as suggested by experts above.

Also dont forget to assign incompleteness procedure to Sales Document type in VOV8.

This will definitely solve your problem.

Hope This helps...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

i've done all settings told above

vov8 & also in incompletion procedure header & item level

At item level i've given table & field MATNR

but while creating order -it will ask for po no & po date -but incompletion log for material is not hapenin.

Pl suggest

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Through Incompletion Log, you cannot achieve such that if any sale order is not having any line item, that should not be saved.

To achieve this, you have to apply either of the following sale order user exits.

- User exits in the program MV45AFZZ - USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT

- User-Exits in program MV45AFZB - USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAP

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto vov8 Enter your order type

>check the box - incompletion message.

system will give error message upon saving order without filling incompletion fields.