cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restart IDOC to RFC message from sender/XI for receiver application error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an integration whose sender is IDOC and receiver is RFC. If there is an application error in the called RFC in the receiver system, I want a way so that either XI or the sender can resend the message. Note that I do not want to restart the sent msg in the receiving system. What are some options to do this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, but perhaps I wasn't clear. What I want is that if the receiver system has an "application" error (not system error) while trying to post a document, I want somehow that the message becomes in failed state in XI so that it is reprocessable. Perhaps a BPM with asynch/synch bridge and based on RFC return status in the synch call, to error the message out, but I'm not sure if this is a recommendable approach.

If restart in sender, I would want the sender IDoc status in sender to reflect an application error in the receiver so the support team on sender can know the IDoc has an issue. I'm not sure if an ALEAUDIT back to sender would work since the receiver is an RFC.

What are the "good" options?

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can do like this

Once you receive response from RFC, based on return code sent back the Ack to send ing system.

for this you need to make an entry in IDX_ALEREQUEST Which makes ACk as normal message and can route it to Sender system with status.

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for application error, you will not be able to restart your msg in XI because the error occured in target RFC system and for XI the response msg coming is just having data containg application error...........

to tell the target system which IDOC errored in RFC call, you can make a custom-RFC and in its processing when you are getting any exception, you can log the exception with the IDOC number(if it is send by XI) to a custom table..............and then you will have an entry in your target system about which IDOC errored in target system and tehn source system can resend the IDOC by editing its data by WE19 transaction.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can resend your IDOC from R/3 by logging into r/3 and running transaction WE19 and then giving the IDOC number of the IDOC which you have to resend........you can get the IDOC number from WE05 transaction and selecting your IDOC...............then your IDOC will be again triggered to XI and sent to target RFC system.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bevan,

The outbound IDOCs can be reprocessed by the R/3 system using T.code BD88.

However If the IDOCs have been successfully passed through the XI and there is any problem in the receiver RFC connection, it will kept on trying the connection untill the RFC connection is available.

Regards,

Monika

Former Member
0 Kudos

If my understanding is correct you can resend the message in XI from SXMB_MONI in XI.

Rajesh