cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport domain: multiple transports directories

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have set up solution manager as our transport domain. We want to manage the transport directory of all member systems individually. Currently, the solution manager's transport directory is set up as the transport directory of all member systems. This means that all cofiles and data files will be written in solmanserver\sapmnt\trans. We want the transport co files and data files to be managed and maintained in each system's transport directory. For example, our dev ecc system, even though being a member of cen domain, should have its transport directry be deveccserver\sapmnt\trans instead of solman\sapmnt\trans. Is there a way to designate a seperate transport directory for each member of a transport domain?

Note: we still want to control transports from CEN, but do not want the cofiles and datafiles of all member systems to exist in the same directory.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Hi

Also possible is set up one transport domain with more transport group where each group will have deferent transdir location

e.g. I set up like this all production system have /usr/sap/transPRO

all dev and test systems have /usr/sap/trans

but all system are under one domain where contraoller is SOLMAN

So check documentation and figure out yourself what is best for you.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter, this seems like the best solution for us.

I tried making this change in STMS --> System Overview --> Transport Tool --> TRANSDIR parameter, but the parameter is Global and sets the same transport directory for all systems regardless of transport groups. How can we make this change for individual groups?

0 Kudos

Hello,

It doesn't matter you can have global paramater transdir and for particular system local parameter

TRANSDIR

Just test it put same paramater but withou mark as global and it will work.

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Peter,

I added the extra transdir parameter. However I am not sure this will work as a check on the transport directory still specifies the global transdir as the transport directory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah.. nevermind, it works. Thanks Peter..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

sounds like you need to create a domain for your ecc system, using a seperate directory then create a domain_link from CEN to your ECC domain. That will allow you to use the CEN to move transports while saving files to the ECC domain. Search help.sap.com for domain_link for more information.