cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fields Selection in Object Overview in Task List

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My question is when I execute Task List(Equipment/Functional Location) change/display transactions, and access "Object Overview( via menu Goto).

Once I am in Object overview screen and hit Settings-->Fields Selection there are multiple options. Let say I had run Equipment Task List(IA02/IA03) and select in fields selection I selected "Equipment". No screen layout(object overview) gets change if I add or delete fields from Equipment selection.

Same happens if I run Functional Location task List(IA12/IA13) and when select Functional location relevant fields, no change occurs in object over view.

I am wondering if option is available then Equipment or Functional location could be displayed within object overview screen.

By the way when did same experiment in IA10( display Multiple) worked fine. Based on what selection I had made, displayed in object overview screen. Does this mean, fields within object overview screen only works for Multiple display(IA10) ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Shahnawaz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

the field selection is independent for each objects say if you change the settings for equipment it will reflect in equipment structural display.

if you want to change the displau settings through the object overview in task list ,then select the field selection for task list ,replace or add the field you want to display and then check

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thyagarajan,

Thank-you for your reply.

In your reply you covered two things. Equipment or Funcrtional loction structrual display AND access "Object Overview" via task list change or display transactions.

The problem I am having in Task List Object overview if access via change or display transactions.

Unfortunately, via choose fields options as you also had suggested, I tried alomost all options(Equipment, Functional Location, Task List etc..) and unable to display Equipment or Functional location field within object overview screen and when added become blank. Seems first line has reserved for Group and Group description.

Though I have checked configuration of "Presetting for List Display of Multi-Level Task List", but seems this is for T.code IA10 and doesn't apply in task list change or display t.ceds.

Any other thought?

Regads,

Shahnawaz

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

in the task list object overview only the field selected for task list will reflect ,if you select other fields for equipment or task list then it wont work.

you cannot display the equipment or functional location in that since these fields you cannot able to see in the task list selection fields

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thyagarajan,

Thanks for your reply.

This was my question earlier, why Equipment or Functional location fields couldn't be displayed in object overview screen, However in same object overview screen via transaction "IA10" you could.

Isn't that strange behavior?

Regards,

Shahnawaz

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

In IA05 or IA06 object overview is nothing but task list.ie your object is task list .hence whenver you change the selection for task list it will appear.

IA10 is multi level display which will be included all the objects ( also i think there will be different program for IA05 and IA10) or kindly raise OSS notes and wait for reply from SAP

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have raised a ticket to SAP, let see what they say.

Thanks anyways.

Regards,

Shahnawaz