cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut and Paste function in Release 620

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts - I was wondering if someone out there can help me. My question is how would I copy a column of data from an ALV grid and paste it into another area (variant). I can get it to select (highlight) the column but cannot get it to copy to clipboard for later pasting. If this is not working with this version, is there a way I can get the script to keypress the letter "C" so I can do a copy through right-clicking and bringing up context menu.

Thanks

Umur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

g_srivastava
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi umer ,

I was reading and came acroos few good tricks in SAP.As if now I dont know, That you facing this cut paste for all application of SAP or is it only ALV.

Anyways,

I just wanted to tell you about quick cut and paste option which is available with SAP.

On the standard tool bar we can opt for this option.

CLick on customize local layout (Alt-F12) option in your local GUI setting and choose Quick cut and paste..

This way you can copy cut paste just by highlighting the text desired for copying.And the place the cursor on the place where you want to paste and just click the right button of the mouse.It is really amazing and comfortable.Just try it out .Hope it works out for you.Remember we need to activate using above options.

Hoping your query will be solved.

Have a best day ahead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply Srivastava.G but I was really looking to cut a column from an ALV grid through a script. I can do that manually but when I execute the script, it will not copy and remember the values in the column so it can paste it into another screen. I don't know the GUI script command to make that happen and can't force a keypress to send a "C" that I can use with the right-click menu.

The quick-cut-and -paste does not address the issue.

Thanks again

Umur