cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase the timeout value for Business Objects Webi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do I increase the timeout value on the Business Objects WebIntelligence server to 60 minutes from 10 minutes?

Please let me know what are all the places I need to make change for the connection timeout setting.

Thanks

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I'm using the JAVA portal with Tomcat on XI R2 SP4 and had to make the following changes to increase the WebI timeout:

1) Web.xml file on the server (C:\Program Files\BusinessObjects\Tomcat\webapps\businessobjects\enterprise115\desktoplaunch\WEB INF\Web.xml). There is a <session-config><session-timeout> section where I changed the 20 to 120.

2) Modify the Web Intelligence Report Server command line in the CCM, before the -restart command add -requesttimeout 7200000

3) In the CMC, edit the Web Intelligence Report Server properties to change the Connection Time Out from 20 minutes to 120

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alan and Deborah,

Thanks a lot for the response.

I was able to get the points 2) and 3).

But for the 1st point, I do not have Web.xml

I was asked to change web.config files.

Looking at the folders on windows server, there are a lot of web.config files.

1. Which one should I change (it will be great if you can give the path where it would be)?

2. What in web.config should be changed to increase the time to 60 mins?

Thanks again,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not got the .Net installation in front of me but believe the path is

C: \Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 11.5\Web Content\Enterprise115\InfoView\web.config

You should look for timeout and change that value. You will need to restart IIS

Regards

Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

The timeout can be set on the Web Intelligence Processing Server using the -requestTimeout on the server's command line. This will ensure that long running schedule queries do not time out.

To do this, go to the CMC, and choose servers. Select your WebI server and changed the commandline appending -requestTimeout and your new value.

You might also want to change the Adaptive Job Server (XI 3.x)/Web I Job Server (XI r2)

If you are refreshing in demand, then you may need to change the InfoView timeouts which are stored in the InfoViewApp Web.xml file

Regards

Alan