cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefighter: CDHDR table archiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI:

Has anyone ever performed archiving on the CDHDR table, that the Firefighter tool draws the change documents from?

Other programs, not just FF, use this table so we are trying to do some research on this first. Our table has 139 million lines (HUGE), and SAP OSS keeps telling us we need to archive some of this data.

Thanks,

Margaret

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry no idea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Margrat,

The CDHDR is a table for change document header, so when ever a changes happen to any of the transactional data in SAP that data is recorded in CDHDR & CDCLS. I don't have idea on Firefighter, but you can verify if the change docuemnts has any impact on firefighter.

In case you need any information on change docuemnts archiving then, do let me know.

--Cheers

Pankaj.K.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI:

Yes, we already have the indexes that SAP recommends, and the jobs are running efficiently. My question was centered more around...has anyone done this as a need for Firefighter, and has there been any impact.

We having jumped into this yet, simply because the CDHDR table has many purposes, not just for Firefighter.

Thanks,

Margaret

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Margaret,

I archive data from CDHDR. The strategy that is recommended in the SAP Data Management Guide is to archive change documents for transactional data with the relevant archive object. For example, change documents associated with a sales order would be archived with the sales order archive object SD_VBAK. The archive object CHANGEDOCU should only be used to archive the change documents of master data.

I would recommend using the TAANA transaction (in a test system which is a copy of production) to do an analysis of what change document types are taking up the most space and build an archiving strategy based on that.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Karin Tillotson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus:

On TAANA, how do we tell if a change documents is associated with a sales order OR

the change document is for master data?

Thanks a lot!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jennifer,

From the entry in the OBJECTCLAS field within table CDHDR, use transaction SCDO to determine what the relevant change document is for. From within this transaction, you can then select the objectclass and go to Change doc. object -> Display to see the relevant tables associated with that object class.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Karin Tillotson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karin:

I see the tables associated with each objectClass. However, I still cannot tell the change is

for the sale order OR for the master data.

I am a basis person. Please help give more details.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Margaret,

If it only for Firefighter, then index on CDHDR will be also fine.

Please search for the SAP note on this.

Apart from that if you want to Archieve CDHDR for other applications, then I will say you are in wrong forum.

Regards,

Surpreet