cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input fields locked in view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a strange problem where I've created a simple search view (label, input field and go button) and a results view containig a table of data - when I deploy the component and then run it from the portal my input field is greyed out as if it is in display mode.

Has anyone had this problem before and know how to fix it?

Thanks,

Gareth Ryan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for all of your suggestions. We did think that smoeone had changed either the SLD or JCo settings but didn't want to blame our basis team (we blame them for everything else

I've just tested the SLD and JCo connections and they all seem ok... I do agree though, it appears to be a system connection issue. I'll look into it.

Thanks,

Gareth Ryan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem could be with backend system.May data is not coming properly.

Make sure that data is coming to the WebDynpro componentcontroller.

Check the Jco connections once again.

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, not yet but I don't see why the field is greyed out? Also, just noticed the actual label associated with the inpit field is also greyed out.

A different component that has no input fields, just a table of data populated by a call to an R3 RFC is also all now greyed out with no data in - whereas both components worked fine earlier yesterday!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gareth,

This means that no data available in context nodes (both for input fields and table).

Your input fields are greyed out and <b>empty</b>, right?

So probably yesterday your R3 connection was OK, today it is broken. Or someone change connection settings in SLD.

Btw, <b>revisit your exception handling</b>. Looks like some code eats away communication exceptions, so you didn't know exact reason.

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gareth,

Are you populating the context that associated with the input fields ??

Regards, Anilkumar