Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynpro to PDF/Excel

former_member189629
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Experts,

I developed a report using 2 containers, the first (top) one contains an ALV report and second (bottom) has a graph based on data from the ALV. Now I need to be able to download the screen output - both the ALV and Graph into a local file - PDF/Word or Excel.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

NW

4 REPLIES 4

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are lots of answers in the forum. Could you explain what you tried, and where it doesn't work?

0 Kudos

Sandra,

Thanks for reminding - the forum is an ocean indeed! I didn't find suitable information though. Let me expand as you ask:

The requirement started off as to display statistical data in a report in a tabular format as well as a 3-d bar graph (yes, I was given an excel file and asked to create an ABAP Report in the same fashion - you know how demanding Users/Clients can get.)

I could achieve that by creatinf a screen (ex: DYNPRO 100) with 2 containers - CNT1 for ALV Report above CNT2 for the 3d Bar Graph referring to cl_gui_chart_engine.

All was well till the ourpur was cheerfully appreciated. Now, the twist: The report needs to be downloaded into local files. Never did anything like this before... a few things are eating me up now:

1. Is it possible to get the report data in tabular format into excel and add the graph as an image below that table.

2. The top container creates scroll bars if the ALV lines go beyond its defined height.

3. I guess cl_gui_chart_engine has methods that can convert the graph into an image format...

I am thinking if the table data can be populated direct from the itab, into excel and add this image in the same file, same sheet.

I was looking for some suggestions from the Community. Not necessarily solutions but something that can give me direction!

NW

0 Kudos

HI NW,

you can try to download you data direct via OLE into excel, than use this inserted

data (via OLE-copy and OLE-paste), to create a graphik also via OLE direct in excel.

for chart you can use:

SET PROPERTY OF H_CHART 'ChartType' = 52.

For OLE-using search in SDN for OLE.

Hope i can give you an idea.

Regards, Dieter

0 Kudos

Thanks Dieter,

I am exploring OLE possibilities now. Although, I will keep the thread open for some more suggestions.

Cheers!

NW