Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter tab in SU01

Former Member
0 Kudos

experts,

I need to know how to find out "parameter id" and how to figure out "parameter value" in SU01 - parameter tab. to everyone who contributes to this forum, Thank You.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> experts,

> I need to know how to find out "parameter id" and how to figure out "parameter value" in SU01 - parameter tab. to everyone who contributes to this forum, Thank You.

For any field which has parameter id if you click on Help (F1) button and then click on the technical information button, you will see a parameter id field with the parameter name.

For ex User id field in SU01 where you put the user id to create a user. Click F1 there and see the technical informataion for it. You will see there is parameter id XUS there for it.

To find out what user has what parameter in SU01 parameter tab check USR05 table.

0 Kudos

Do not waste to much time on parameters as they are irrelavant to security!

seconly there are a number of programs that will automatically populate this field for users while working in SAP.

0 Kudos

Auke,

as you suggested that there other programs to populate fields, can you please name few.

thanks

0 Kudos

>

> Do not waste to much time on parameters as they are irrelavant to security!

> seconly there are a number of programs that will automatically populate this field for users while working in SAP.

I agree most of the time they are irrelevant and the only thing they do is to populate the default data in the fields but I have seen instances where they impact security.

One of the custome t-code was not working for us even though we gave it all the auhtorization needed and it was not coming in the ST01 trace as well. Finally we found after debugging it that abap code for it is picking values from USR05 table and that is the reason it was not working.

only when the parameter value was provided the user get the authorization to execute that t-code. So I would say sometimes they can be used with security implication and relevance.

0 Kudos

> only when the parameter value was provided the user get the authorization to execute that t-code. So I would say sometimes they can be used with security implication and relevance.

Developers can code a lot of nonsense if they want to (not only limited to this), but the important aspect is that if PIDs are not intended to be used for security, then they should not be.

Conclusion: Program and / or design error.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

>

>

> Conclusion: Program and / or design error.

>

> Cheers,

> Julius

I absolutely agree !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Parameters infoarmtions are relavant only for HR - Security.

But you can check Parameter-id and value infomations in t-code SE16->USR05

Regards,

Geetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.