cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ConfigTool Login problem..SecStore.Properties file is missing..!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

I am unable to open Configtool since the SecStore.Properties file is missing which is supposed to be available in /sapmnt/<SID>/global/security/data/SecStore.properties..

Below is the error being thrown while starting configtool.sh...

Error while loading the securestore..

Msg: File"/sapmnt/<SID>/global/security/data/SecStore.properties" does not exist although it should

The OS is Solaris 10..How can i resolve this issue..Can i just copy it from some of colleague or just create it with the necessary parameter ( if yes,what is the procedure to create such file )

Your valuable answers will be appreciated and rewared.

Please help..

Thanks!

Addy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you logging in as <SID>adm while using configtool? Secondly, can you confirm that this file is physically not there when you check folder /sapmnt/<SID>/global/security/data?

Hope this helps.

Manoj Chintawar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manoj,

Thanks for your reply. Actually i was not using <sid>adm.

I would be getting <sid>adm acces soon and do the config..

But,I still have a confusion. Why do we use only <sid>adm for configtool when Super user Administrator is available. ( its only JAVA stack - Portal 7.0 )

Appreciate your help..Thanks!

Addy

Edited by: Addy 365 on Feb 13, 2009 9:49 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check my reply for your post j2ee_admin / administrator vs adm.

For administartion purpose,you shoudl always login with SIDADM.

Thanks Nirmal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Andy

As per my view, there is no issue of using super user, instead of <SID>adm.

This file (i.e.SecStore.properties) is been created at the time of the installation, and there is no other way to create except restore the file from your backup, if you have.

With regards

Virender Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a new user having super admin role.Ours is EP 7.0 Standalone JAVA with LDAP.

Actually, the file SecStore.properties is not been created or not been used for my user.

when i try to start configtool with my own UID/PW i get this error.

My question here is..Am i supposed to use Administrator (since, its standslone JAVA ) or the <sid>adm as per everyone's suggestion.

I guess i can use both Administrator and <sid>adm for configtool since both needs master password to login. but, why not my UID/PW which has Super admin role..??!!

Appreciate your time discussing on this.

Addy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Addy,

Please check the groups added to <SID>adm while installation and administrator login. I think it will be helpful.

hope this helps.

Manoj Chintawar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing this thread.