cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resend Message that fails in adapter engine but shows success in sxmb_moni

0 Kudos

Hello SDN!!

We are testing sending soap requests out via SSL. We are using a BEA as a pass through server for SSL encryption only.

The scenerio is to send a message from SAP to PI 7.1 to BEA (SSL enc) to Receiving System. We successfully connect to BEA (only used as a pass-through) but the connection to Receiving System does not work. This returns an error to our adapter engine.

My question is this, Since SXMB_MONI shows the message as successful, but the adapter engine is showing an error. What is the best way for

1. Monitor the errors, (I only see where you can monitor the type of adapter only)

2. Resend the message, since it shows valid in SXMB_MONI, it won't let me resend.

Any help will be greatly appreciated and awarded

Cheers

Devlin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Read up on help.sap.com, thanks for everyone's help

0 Kudos

That resending technique might be tough for a production environment.

Also is there a way to set up the Alert Management to monitor the adapters more specifically, then to use Runtime workbench? This might be tough as we won't have resources dedicated to monitoring PI fulltime?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you may configure alerts for all the errors related to adapter engine. When you do Alert Configuration, you may check this option.

Regards,

Prateek

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Once the message is in successful status in moni, the best way to monitor becomes RWB -> Message Monitoring.

2. For adapter engine related errors, you may resend the data manually using the resend option in the Message Monitoring. Otherwise, for automatic retry of messages, you may change the default settings.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

resending succesful messages is explained in this blog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/09/xi-restarting-successfully-processed-messages

Regards

Patrick