cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file to rfc scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i am new to xi,plz help me ,how to do the file to rfc scenario.And i am having standard BAPI,how to do this one,so any one expain me the steps.

Thanks & regards,

priya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Please check out the following links

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit -- File to RFC with BPM

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/xi/file-rfc-file%2528without+bpm%2529 -- File to RFC without BPM

Thanks and Regards,

N.Jayanth Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through the following link

Thanks

Tiny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer these links:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1926-- [original link is broken] [original link is broken]> [original link is broken] FILE TO RFC with BPM

/people/arman.eker/blog/2008/07/27/rfc-scenario--how-to-configure-bpm

WIKI for step by step process of file to RFC without BPM

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/xi/first%252bstep%252bto%252blearn%252bsap%252bxi...

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey hi Priya,

Create product,software component in SLD first,

INTEGRATION REPOSITORY:

1)Go to-- >Integration repository Tranfser from SLD--Import software component...u will get list of Software components available in SLD...choose ur software component and import.

2)Next double click on the software component...right side add some namespace ex:file2rfc and above u will find 2 radibuttons..click on the radiobutton Import of RFC and IDOC interfaces from SAP systems permitted..provide System and Client details.

3)Now under software component >under namespace >right click in imported object and next click import of SAP object u will get a pop where u have to enter R/3 server details >click on continue->u will get RFCs and IDOCs available in the R/3 system...expand RFCs and select the appropriate RFC Function module from the list and click on import.

4)As ur scenario is FILE-RFC, under Interfaces objects--> create datatype, msg type,message interface(select the category as "outbound" and mode as "asynchronous" when creating message interface ) for FILE...and no need to create datatype, msg type,message interface for RFC function module as RFC itself acts as datatype, msg type,message interface.

5)next under mapping objects->create message mapping by selecting source message type which u created for file and receiver message type as RFC function module which u imported.

6)next under mapping objects->create interface mapping...select soure msginterface which u created for file and receiver message interface as RFC function module which u imported...click on read interfaces button just below it and give the message mapping program created in previous step..this is the final part in Integration repository..got to change lists and active all the objects created under your software component version.

INTEGRATION DIRECTORY:

1)Create a scenario...example:FILE2RFC..save it...expand service without party...right click on the businessystem and assign business system(your R/3 system which you create in SLD). If your business system is already imported in any other scenario..right on the business system name and click on add to scenario and add in your scenario-->under business system..create receiver communication channel by selecting receiver RFC adapter and provide all the details of R/3 server

2)Next under service without party...right click on the busines service-->create business service ex:senderfile.Under business system..create sender communication channel by selecting sender FILE adapter and give your sender directory path and the file name.

3)create sender agreement by giving sender service, sender message interface and sender communication channel

4) create receiver determination by giving sender service, sender message interface and businness system name

5) Create interface detemination by giving sender service, sender message interface,businness system name, inbound interface(here its FM imported in your IR part) and give interface mapping name

6)Create receiver agreement by giving sender service, receiver service, receiver message interface and receiver communication channel.

activate all the objects...just give some test data in test tab of message mapping in IR part..go to source tex view ,copy the payload, paste in notepad and save it as per your file name given in ur sender comminication channel. The file will be picked as per the time interval mentioned in the sender communication channel and data will be updated at R/3 in the Ztable using FM

Thanks,

Goutham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi goutham,

here i am having one bapi how to import into xi server

regards,

priya

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Priya, these are very basic doubts which could be easily searched on SDN.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Priya,

Just go to Software component level and check import of RFC and idoc allowed radio button and provide the necessary R/3 details and select require RFC /BAPI and then do a import.

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi prateek,

my doubt is after importing the standard bapi into ir,where i have to creat the Ztable.

regards,

priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

assuming your scenario is File -RFC - Table

If i am correct then you need to create a table in R/3 using se16 then you need to write FM for storing FM data into that Table. (se37 for FM)

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rajesh,

this would be done by maself or ABAPer

regards,

priya

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First you should have created the ZTable. Then based on fields of ZTable, you should have written a remote enabled funciton module. Then you should have imported it. Once you import the RFC, it's import and export parameters should not be changed.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are trying it in Test Environment you can always try, if you have a chance to work then i always suggest you to go as it helps you to have clear idea of entire scenario and will help to identify the error also in case.

Normally its duty of ABAPer

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi priya,

ZTABLE should be created at R/3 end.. in your question i hope u already have a BAPI ready with you..so you can see in the source code of BAPI which table your BAPI is updating...

Thanks

Goutham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rajesh,

i have this standard bapi name is BAPI_ACC_GL_POSTING_POST,how to do this.

regards,

priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Priya,

This is standard BAPI for posting FI Data n in addition if you want the input passed to this BAPI to be stored in ZTable then you have to create ZFM and pass the inputs to ZTable and invoke the BAPI and do a BAPI Commit.

If you dont need to store data in ZTable then you can proceed creating other components in Xi and final step in receiver rfc channel is to select Commit .

Any queries ?

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey priya,

if u have acccess to R/3 system...first create a ZTABLE in se11 T-code or take any existing ZTABLE available at R/3 end...now create a simple ZFM in transaction SE37 at R/3 end...

ex: ZTABLE has 5 fields. Take 3 fields and put in the import tab. Next go to source code tab and write the code for updating the ZTABLE...import the ZFM created now into XI and do the remaining steps at XI end.

Thanks

Goutham

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

here is a scenario HTTP to RFC:

/people/community.user/blog/2006/12/12/http-to-rfc--a-starter-kit

this is a good starting page for learning PI:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/xi/first%252bstep%252bto%252blearn%252bsap%252bxi...

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi patrick,

i need file to rfc scenario, by using the standard BAPI,and finally i want to see the output in ZTABLE,

regards,

priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for reading the file you will need the Sender File Adapter:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0d/00453c91f37151e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

The other parts of scenario are like described in the blog mentioned above.

Regards

Patrick

former_member556412
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think this weblob will help you in creating the scenario even the steps are properly given.

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

Regards,

bhanu.