Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configuring and creating folders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the following requirement.

I would like to create folders in the SAP Application Server. I would like this location of where our program will create folders to be configurable so that I could create the folders/files in that location. Additionally this location itslef will contain large number of files and the size can be huge. So we would also like to clean it up?

Is it possible to see the location configured such that I can see the like we see normal folders on our machine?

We have tried using OPEN DATASET to dump file but it dumps the files in the default folder location.

How do we get access to create the folders in Application Server.

With Regards

Murali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

angel_dichev
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I propose you to store all these files in the database, for exampel using KM or just develop your own simple solution.

Just imagine you have a cluster of WebAS, so on which file system (server) are these folders/files stored?

How are they syncronized? How is the multiple access handled?

Think about all these questions.

Regards, Angel

former_member113639
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Angel,

Thanks a lot for the reply, I didn't think of the points mentioned by you regarding cluster atleast. But we do have a requirement like this because we already have these files in the data base and these need to be extracted to the folder for installation purposes. Thats the reason I wanted creation of folders.

With Regards

Murali

angel_dichev
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Using the java system methods, you can create folders and store files on the file system as well, however this is not a good approach.

former_member113639
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its possible using Java, but then again its not a good approach as it would lead to creation communication between ABAP and Java world which is not desirable.

With Regards

Murali