cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data being lost when cell editor is changed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am changing the cell editor of an ALV column from Input Field to Text view based on a condition.

But after doing that the data binded with that ALV node is not shown in that column.

Please help.

Thanks.

Regards,

Sumit Oberoi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Can you post your coding? Perhaps the data binding specification of the second UI element isn't correct, but is difficult to say without seeing the code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for quick reply.

I was not binding the visible_fieldname. BUt, now I have done that (as below)

CREATE OBJECT lr_input_icx_adj_qty.

lr_input_icx_adj_qty->set_visible_fieldname( 'MANUAL_ADJ_QTY' ).

lr_column_icx_adj_qty->set_cell_editor( lr_input_icx_adj_qty ).

CREATE OBJECT lr_input_reason_for_adj.

lr_input_reason_for_adj->set_visible_fieldname( 'REASON_FOR_ADJ' ).

lr_column_reason_for_adj->set_cell_editor( lr_input_reason_for_adj ).

CREATE OBJECT lr_input_rqst_temp_adj.

lr_input_rqst_temp_adj->set_visible_fieldname( 'REQUEST_TMP_ADJ' ).

lr_column_rqst_temp_adj->set_cell_editor( lr_input_rqst_temp_adj ).

But, now it is giving dump

The following error text was processed in the system NII : Unable to interpret *0 as a number.

The error occurred on the application server fmsap664_NII_00 and in the work process 0 .

The termination type was: RABAX_STATE

The ABAP call stack was:

Method: IF_WDR_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER~SET_CONTENT of program /1WDA/L0STANDARD==============CP

Method: IF_WDR_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER~SET_CONTENT of program /1WDA/L3STANDARD==============CP

Method: IF_WDR_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER~SET_CONTENT of program /1WDA/L3STANDARD==============CP

Method: IF_WDR_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER~SET_CONTENT of program /1WDA/L8STANDARD==============CP

Method: IF_WDR_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER~SET_CONTENT of program /1WDA/L8STANDARD==============CP

Method: IF_WDR_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER~SET_CONTENT of program /1WDA/L7STANDARD==============CP

Method: IF_WDR_VIEW_ELEMENT_ADAPTER~SET_CONTENT of program /1WDA/L7STANDARD==============CP

Please guide.

Regards,

Sumit

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I never meant for you to have to bind the visiblity property. However if this is your complete source code then you do have a problem, becuase you aren't binding any type of value or text property - so nothing would be displayed. You need to complete the specification of the properties for the cell editors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I got it right now.

I have to bind the text fieldname with context attribute.

My problem is solved.

Thanks

Regards,

Sumit