cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Control at top level WBS only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a requirement from client where I need to activate the Budget control (90% warning and 100% error). I have done the setting accordingly.

Now the scenario is such that when client is doing budgeting, they are allocating the budget only at top level WBS (they have a different legacy, where they are doing there detail planning n budgeting, but since they want the feature of budget control in PS, they will do minimal budgeting in PS). As per my settings when I budget top level WBS and save the availabity control is activated (with no budget on lower level WBS). Now when I try to do some postings/or assign that WBS to PO, even with a value of 1 USD, i am getting an error of budget exceeded, which is fine as per the settings as that WBS is having 0 budget.

The requirement from client side is such that they want AVAC to be activated only at top WBS and do postings to lower WBS. But if the total of lower WBS exceed the budget of top WBS, they should get an warning or error. For example:

WBS level BUDGET ACTUALS

1 100

2 50

2 50

so as soon as the actuals touch 100, the system should give an error/warning. Note that the 2nd level WBS are not budgeted in SAP, so budget is 0 on them.

I have 2 questions:

1.Is it possible to activate AVAC only for top WBS ?(without any enhancement/development)

2.How the AVAC will work, if the total of 2nd level WBS exceeds the budget of top WBS (as explained in example above)?

Awating your replies.

Thanks

Sarang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Virendra, it was useful.

I tried other way round also i.e. by not marking the release tab in OPS9 and activating AVAC in CJ30.It works in that way too.

For my other question, regarding activating AVAC only at top level, we can achiebve that by using transaction control in user status.

Thanks

Sarang

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is std in SAP

do not distribute budget to lower levels and do use the budget release functionality

modify the budget profile accordingly

this way when you raise a PO on lower level it will heck the budget on the WBS - if none distributed then it will go the parent WBS and check against it