Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Search Functionality in Webdynpro

Hello Everyone,

I want to know if it is possible to include a "Search functionality" in the a custom developed webdynpro application by calling a Bapi (BAPI_PO_CREATE). I want to incude this search functionality attached to a field (Ex:- Vendor Number) so that the user can search from the list of Vendor's stored in SAP. Please help me in resolving this issue. I would appreciate your help.

Let me know , if you need more information.

Regards,

PG.

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi ,

follow the Wiki , which i have given in my previuos post .

I have created a Webdynpro Development Component by calling a Remote RFC i.e(BAPI_PO_CREATE). Now I want to include the search functionality after a Inputfield (VENDOR NUMBER) so that when the user doesn't know what to enter in a field he can enter a search term as in SAP so that it would search in the backend from the list of Vendors.

if ur RFC can fetch values whatever the user gives , then follow the wiki document itself.

even , i had the same requirement in Employee search help which has three fileds in Table namely First name , second name and ecode.what we did is ,

we imported a model , which takes one input sau "ur search query(it can be first name , last name or ecode)". based on the serach query , the model will return all the employees based on the serach query.

see my business card

thanks and regards

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question