Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EasyDMS New Version

bjorn-henrik_zink
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

when I try creating a new version of a document in EasyDMS, I get the error message that the document is missing. I have debugged the function modules and found that it is function module DOCUMENT_READ_CS_EXTRACT which is creating the error message. The initial function module is BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHANGE2. Below you find the path from BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHANGE2 to DOCUMENT_READ_CS_EXTRACT:

1. BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHANGE2

2. API_DOCUMENT_MAINTAIN2

3. API_DOCUMENT_SAVE_BOM

4. CSAP_DOC_BOM_MAINTAIN

5. perform csap_item_maintain tables

6. CS_DI_ITEM_CHECK

7. perform doknr_eingabe_pruefen

8. DOCNUMBER_CHECK_IN_EXIT

9. DOCUMENT_READ_CS_EXTRACT

The systems are 600 EhP3 (backend) and EasyDMS 6.0 SP8. According to the SAP building block material the versions are compatible.

Any ideas what could be the cause of this error?

Thanks!

/Elvez

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Elvez,

in this case I can just recommend you to upgrade to EasyDMS SP12 which means to be the must current one. With SP12 this error should no longer happen.

Best regards,

Christoph

bjorn-henrik_zink
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

the problem was eliminated using SP12. A funny thing is that the ABAP code is the same as before, but the processing flow of EasyDMS seems to be different after the upgrade. BAPI_DOCUMENT_SETCOMMITMODE is never called after the backend upgrade and that is the reason why it is not working.

/Elvez

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Elvez,

that' good to know that this issue is solved with SP12. So maybe you can mark this question as answered.

Best regard,

Christoph