cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Editing a Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working with normal tables with one column as editable using inputfield in the context binding for that field..When i update one field of that column depending on the lead selection all the records of the table corresponding to field are changed to that value instead of updating the that particular record.

Can anyone give me an idea regarding this........

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

That's a pretty neat trick. I can't for the life of me think of a way that you could make that happen with just normal binding. It just shouldn't be possible. Do you have some coding involved somewhere? You should just binding the InputField to the same x:n conext node that the table is bound to. The framework should restore the input value properly back into the context node.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for ur reply.But here i am using one button to update the database and written logic like this.

Data declarations.

Elem_Node1 = Node_Node1->get_Element( ).

Elem_Node1->get_Static_Attributes(

importing

Static_Attributes = Stru_Node1 ).

update zlalli set zid = Stru_Node1-ZID.

this leads to update all the records with the same id.Is there any alternative way to update single record using that id.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Yes. You need a WHERE clause on your UPDATE statement. The SQL that you have right now will update every record in the table. You have to tell it what record you want to update.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the reply.My Problem is solved.

Answers (0)