cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to debug the template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I need to change the name of a filed in srm portal "confirmation of good and service" for that i had a template but i am not able to find the label in that

How can i find the label ?

can i debug the template

help me

thanks

-

Channappa Sajjanar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

you might do it this way:

- start the application and go to the screen where you want to change

- do a view source in the browser to lookup the HTML source code

- at the top of the source code you will find a header in a comment which is generate by ITS which looks like

<!--
 This page was created by the
 SAP Integrated ITS, WebAS: IBP, workprocess: 0
 All rights reserved.
 Creation time:  Thu Feb 05 13:30:01 2009
 Charset:        utf-8
 Template:       bbpsc04/99/saplbbp_sc_ui_its_4000.html  -->

The interesting part for you is behind Template. There you can find the template which generates the screen. With this information you can go to ABAP Development Workbench SE80 and lookup Internet Service. In the example above it is bbpsc04. When you have the service you can look into the template saplbbp_sc_ui_its_4000.html and adapt it to your needs.

Best regards,

Klaus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,thanks for ur response but what i need is in from the template how can we find from where the value of the lables are comming .

thanks a lot.

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is a howto https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/HowtousetheHTMLsourcefordebuggingissues which describes how to turn on the ITS context dump in the HTML source. If you activate the context dump you get all the context fields which are used to generate the page. If you search in the context dump for the value of the label you will get the SAP screen field name from where the text comes.

Best regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

Thanks a lot for ur response.

Regards

-

Channappa Sajjanar