cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey all, this is a new kid in the XI bolck requesting if anyone can mail me details on how to call a RFC from XI What are the configuration to be done in XI for calling a RFC from SAP CRM system?

Also if any check list available for the same.

Any pointer of help would surely be rewarded.

Thanks,

Jash.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

does this dump in crm?Is there any error in sender RFC adapter in XI?oR IS it a mapping exception?can u clarify?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shravya & Bhavesh,

I am starting a new Thread with the subject "RFC Details part two". Please send your responses to that thread. I have not posted this thread as a question so I am not able to reward points...sorry for the inconvenience.

Jash.

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In your scenario

1.You need RFC sender adapter

1./people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

2./people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/01/17/xi-debugging-rfc-calls-from-the-xi-not-possible-who-said-that-

2.You need server webservice.

1./people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/09/03/invoke-webservices-using-sapxi

2./people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/23/communication-between-sap-system-webservice-using-proxies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravya,

Thanks for your responses.

I have configured the RFC adapter and the SOAP adapter in XI as per the mentioned weblogs.

On executing the Function module in the CRM system, a dump is being thrown stating that "After a value an end tag must follow. That did not happen in "<item><SRVR_STR>0" ".

SRVR_STR is a field in the RFC request structure. This is a repeatable structure.

Could you provide pointers as to how to rectify this?

Thanks,

Jash

former_member91687
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaswanth,

You should be able to do this by configuring your rfc adapter available in xi. To know more about the adapters navigate through this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/33/c6e63b60c25767e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

If you have written a custom rfc which you want to call, remote enable your module.

Do revert back if you need any help on this.

Regards,

Chandra

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jashwanth,

if you want to call an RFC from your R3 system, you will have to use an RFC adapter for the same.

To see how to configure an RFC adapter, just go through this link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/33/c6e63b60c25767e10000000a11402f/content.htm

Also, it is possible to do RFC lookups in your Mapping program. Would suggest these blogs for the same,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/uuid/801376c6-0501...

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/21/use-this-crazy-piece-for-any-rfc-mapping-lookups

Do let us know if you need any more help.

Regards,

Bhavesh

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you exlain the scenario more in detail?

you can call RFC from XI using RFC Adapter?

what is ur sending system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravya,

Thanks for the immediate response.

We have a web service running on one side of the XI and SAP CRM on the other side of the XI. We have created an RFC in SAP CRM and have imported the same into the XI server. Now we want to call this RFC in XI from SAP CRM.

The RFC call would be initiated by SAP CRM with some fields (Import parameters) being passed from SAPCRM to XI. XI would inturn invoke the web service and respond to the RFC call by sending back some fields (Export parameters).

Thanks once again,

Jash

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jashwanth,

In this case, you will have to configure a Sender RFC communication channel. This link deals with configuring the same. Just go through it,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/67/6d0540ba5ee569e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards,

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jashwanth,

Think this blog by michal will prove to be very useful,

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks for the responses. I have configured the RFC Adapter in XI as per the weblogs.

On executing the Function module in the CRM system, a dump is being thrown stating that "After a value an end tag must follow. That did not happen in "<item><SRVR_STR>0".

Could you provide certain pointers for the occurence of this dump and the steps to rectify it?

Thanks,

Jash