cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Text file without mapping using SOAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to send the text files to the customers using SOAP adapter via webservises . I just want to send the text files and receive the text files. Is it possible usin SOAP . Can we add that text file content in one tag of XML file and send ?

Can anyone help how to achieve this ?

Laks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshmi,

I have same issue with you. My PI version PI 7.0(XI3.0). I need to send kinds of files(jpeg,pdf,word etc) to ECC. I want to use adapter SOAP->FILE(FTP).

Could you tell me please how to solve?  the file size is limited?(less than 10MB)

Thank you for your reply in advance.

Hubery

Many thanks & best regards

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hubery

Please open your own discussion per the

Please provide as much information as possible in your discussion.

Regards

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eng, I open an new discussion:

Welocme to discuss.

Hubery

Many thanks & best regards,

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot send a text file with SOAP. The text file could contain unallowed characters like &, so you cannot simple create tags around that text.

You can send plain text via HTTP, or you can encode the text with base64 and send this as XML element.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved by sending text files embossed in xml tags. Thanks

former_member181955
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes you can send any file like zip,txt,pdf without intergration repository from any adapter to any adapter.

check the blog:

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

Thanks

Prasad Nemalikanti

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you use NFS protocol, then there is an option in file sender CC to use Additional Parameters. Then you may send your text file as attachment. You may then use soap receiver adapter to handle the attachment.

Can we add that text file content in one tag of XML file and send ?

If you don't want text file as attachment, then you may use content conversion with only one field as source structure. Pass the complete file in that single field. Then you may map the data to receiver field in mapping.

Regards,

Prateek