cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in changing valuation category

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to change the u201Cvaluation categoryu201D in the material master but system display the following error: Can noy change as Batchests and SD docs already exists (orders or del) that had processed or that have been processed in part)

and when i try to delete the material from sales order it says item 0040 can not be delted because of subsequent doc XXXXXXX

However, the PO showed that this item had been deleted

tell me wt should i do to change in valuation category.

cheers

shasla007...........

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If stock exists in the plant for the material at whatever storage location you won be able to change the Valuation Class.

For this you must make the stock to 0 at the plant. Then you will be able to change the valuation class.

So u should reverse the documents that u used to upload the stock and change valuation class at the plant.

Cheers!

Dany

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear shasla007,

You can't change the u201Cvaluation categoryu201D in the material master

-->Once you have maintained the stock for that material.

-->If you created sales documents with that material.

So if you want change then you need to sales documents in asequence way

If the sales order not having ant subsequent document(Deliver and billing) you delete directly sales order.

But if you have susequent documents for that sales order you need to delete those documents first then you try to delete the sales order.

Stock also need to be nill(for this you take help of MM people)

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

stock is not available for the respective material for the batch plant combination.

stock is available for the material for diff plant and batch combination.

now wt should i do now

cheers

shasla007...........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shasla,

Have you cleared stock for the said material, before changing the valuation category?

You need to clear all Batch-Stock.

Best Regards,

Amit

Note: For reference -