cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send alert when receiver JMS adapter fails? Please help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have the following Asynchronous scenario:

SAP R/3 -

>IDOC----->XI

>JMS--->BizTalk.

I am sending IDOC from a given SAP R/3 system to XI. XI then sends the same to BizTalk via JMS adapter. In SXMB_MONI the message is successfully processed as it shows checked flag. But if I see the JMS communication channel status in runtime workbench then there it shows error saying JMS queue user id or password not found.

How to send this JMS adapter error as alert?

I also tried configuring alert rule in runtime workbench but still it does not trigger any error.

I have also verified the alert category and everything is fine with that.

What could be the problem? How can I send an alert when an Async adapter fails?

Thanks & Regards,

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

madanmohan_agrawal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

Go thorugh the following blog that well describes how to generate alerts when JMS adapter (receiver) fails.

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/25/triggering-xi-alerts-from-a-user-defined-function

Hope it will help you.

Br,

Madan Agrawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madan,

The blog that you ahve given does not use the best approach. When XI provides runtime workbench then why we need UDF to trigger alerts.

I am looking for a solution based on alert configuration in runtime workbench.

Please help!

Regards

Gopal

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to your requirement we need to configure CCMS alert configuration. Through CCMS alert configuration we can trigger alert whenever channel is down. Find below link for CCMS alert configuration

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/e5/5d1741b393f26fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! GOPAL,

Once make sure whther all the below mentioned steps are configured correctly or not ok

1: First make sure whether you are working on SAP XI or PI 7.1

a) If XI you need to create Alerts (ALert Category) in CCMS ABAP stack in the

Tcode. ALRTCATDEF

b) Open the alert category/classification definition environment (transaction ALRTCATDEF).

ensure you are in change mode.

c) In the group box with the alert classifications, right-click All classifications to open the

context menu, and choose Create.

d) Under Classification, enter a name for the classification.

e) Under Description, enter a description of the classification.

f) Save your entries.

g) Then go to RWB-->Go to ALERT Configuation and ADD the RULES to your alert category gor

which created there in the abap stack.

Note Suppose if you want those ALERTS to come to your MAIL then again go to ABAP STACK and go to Tcode. ALRTCATDEF and select your alert category press FIxed Recepients and there give your SAP XI ID's then u can see those alerts in RWB-->ALERT INBOX

Suppoe if you want those to mail then ask the basis team to link your company mail or personal mail ID to your SAP ID.

2. Supppose if you are working on PI 7.1 Server.

Only difference is creating Alert Category...Here you can create your ALERT Classification I mean

alert caltegory in the ESR (Enterprise Service Repository )

Software Component >S CVersion>NameSpace-->Alert Category.

You can configure how u configure there in abap stack such as long and short text every thing

except Fixed Receipients you need to give that recepients there only in ABAP STACK.

what ever ALERT CATEGORY you are creating will reflect there in the ABAP STACK

even you can Use these alerts Category in BPM --> CONTROL STEP -->Configure here in this step

You can also reach alerts like this.

NOTE Most Important point is You can also view your mails or Alerts in the T Code:: SOST.

Regards:

Amar Srinivas ELi