cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

We have attached pdf file to DIR, the acrobat version is 7.0 and 8.0. When we are going to view it we are not able to see the content of the same. I mean file will open in SAP viewer but content are not visible.

The pdf files with the acrobat version 5.0 is not having this problem.

On one of machine we have installed ECL viewer, where we are able to view acrobat version is 7.0 and 8.0 files.

My question is whether standard viewer in ECC 6.0 supports PDF files upto acrobat version 5.0 ?

Regards

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

from DMS point of view I can inform you that ECL Viewer 6.0 supports PDF display. However we face some issues if Acrobat Professional version 8 is installed. There seems to be some changes from Adobe side which causes this different behavior.

So I can only recommend you to install Adobe Reader only or you change customizing in transaction DC30 so that PDF originals will only be openend in the Adobe application but not within the ECL Viewer.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

I have some more inputs on this. My client is having computers with Windows XP or Windows Vista.

On Windows XP computers- I have uploaded ECL viewer 6.0, Java 1.6 and add details under my computer\advance settings, everything is working fine.

While on Windows Vista computers- I have uploaded ECL viewer 6.0, Java 1.6 and add details under my computer\advance settings then file is opening but not able to do any further activities like Move, Zoom and so on

In addition to this I also tried this option that is on Windows Vista computers- I have uploaded ECL viewer 6.0, Java 1.6 then file is opening and able to do activities like Move, Zoom and so on but user is not able to get fine details of original.

With your option on setting in dc30 for pdf files that is %auto% my problem will be solved but user will not be able to use redlining option. My user wants to use this functionality.

With regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep

Please refer note 1239481 ECL Viewer 6.0 for use in Microsoft Windows Vista Operating System

Regards

Aby

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

Check out you have installed the Acrobat file full. Otherwise you will face problems like this.

Are you able to see the document in the Original Tab in DIR ?

- Pithan

Edited by: Pithan Pithan on Feb 5, 2009 3:23 PM