cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have problem configuring one scenario in XI. Customer delivers XML messages in Oracle DB as CLOB objects and I'm picking this XML with JDBC sender(to 100 rows in one pick, every 5 minutes, because XMLs can be relativley large, 100 rows is about 10MB, and if I pick all rows in DB, let's say 1000 of them, then XML is more than 100MB, and QAS server complains "out of memeory", it is small one). Messages look like this:

<msg>
<row>
....xml message as string(CLOB)
</row>
<row>
....next xml message as string(CLOB)
</row>
</msg>

Depending on some tags in XML, I need to decide is this row/XML message candidate for JDBC receiver on BS1 or is candidate for an IDOC on BS2. So, I first need to do some transformation from this messsage to messages where I extract tags that are important for further processing. So my first mapping produces message like this:

<msg>
<row>
<tag1> for first XML message
<tagn>
</row>
<row>
<tag1> for next XML message
<tagn>
</row>
</msg>

Based on this tags for each message I have to decide is it candidate for IDOC or for file. I'm using XI

Software Components  all components...  
Name  Version  Applied  
sap.com/SAP-JEECOR  7.00 SP11 (1000.7.00.11.0.20070201154700)  20070717092509  
sap.com/SAP-JEE  7.00 SP11 (1000.7.00.11.0.20070201154700)  20070717092410

It is below SPS14 so I'm not sure if I can use multi-mapping without BPM or shall I use BPM? Is there on SDN some scenario that looks like this one, or can someone describe the best way to do this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is perfectly possible to split the incoming message to two different messages (see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/42/ed364cf8593eebe10000000a1553f7/content.htm for that), but only if the adapters are all located on the same adapter engine. You're talking about sending IDocs, which means that the enhanced interface determination is not an option.

In your case, use BPM, but be very careful with the load of messages you send to the BPM engine, because a too large payload will overload your system.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are using SP 14 in XI3.0 its not possible to implemet Multi Mapping.

The best solution is to implemet using BPM only.

Regards,

Raj

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

- XI lower than SP 14 has no multi mapping without BPM

- multi mapping without BPM wouldnt work with receiver adapter IDoc

- BPM could lead to performance issue in your case (i dont think you can handle that mass of data)

- Mapping is first excuted (before receiver determination), therefore the scenario wouldnt work (you need enhanced receiver determination for that, but available from SP 16)

Regards,

Udo