Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it necssary to install SP5 prior to SP6?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

When you download the installation file for AC 5.3 you currently get SP5. Is it necessary to install that version first, before you can upgrade to SP6? Or can you apply the standalone SP6 files right away?

Regards,

Vit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh yes !

SAP recommends- "All GRC Access Control support packages are incremental releases, which must be installed individually, in numerical order"

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh yes !

SAP recommends- "All GRC Access Control support packages are incremental releases, which must be installed individually, in numerical order"

0 Kudos

Lets clarify it. I'm talking now about the JAVA part.

A snip from the document Access Control 5.3; How to Apply Support Packages in AC5.3 by Bannert and Rambo:

There are two types of AC 5.3 Support Packages:

For the AC 5.3 application on NW AS Java 7.00 (cummulative) 􀃆 SAP Note 1174625

For the NH (Non-HR) and HR RTAs in the backend (incremental) 􀃆 Table below

It seems to be cummulative. The question remains. Do I have to install the base version (currently SP5) or can I install separate SCA files (SP6) right away?

0 Kudos

Vit,

You do not have to install any support packs for java prior to the support pack you want to install. You can install SP06 on a clean J2EE AS.

0 Kudos

Thank you William.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vit,

RTA is not cumulative so you have to apply all the SP in the order. Java installation is cumulative so you can go ahead and apply SP6 directly.

Regards,

Alpesh