Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure File Transfer over FTPS / SFTP

former_member181928
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All

My requirement is to transfer file between XI and a SAP system in a secure manner .

Is SFTP now supported by XI 3.0 as we were planning to use this .

And could anyone tell what would be the best option for configuring FTPS an AIX server .

thanks

Nilesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

sufw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Nilesh,

I'd strongly recommend against using files in a scenario with ERP as one of the endpoints. In ERP 6, the best way of developing custom interfaces IMHO is to expose them as an enterprise service. This can be secured at the transport layer with SSL (which would achieve the same as FTPS). You also have several options for performing authentication against the ERP system, thus replicating one of the strong points of SFTP (i.e. two-way certificate-based authentication).

Hope everything is going well on the project,

Sascha

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nilesh,

just an opinion..

as XI is talking with SAP system in your case why are u not using RFC/IDOC/ABAP proxy..

if your XI and SAP system are in the same domain....security should not be a concern..

Edited by: Tarang Shah on Mar 27, 2009 11:36 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another option is the SEEBURGER SFTP adapter - which is also certified for all available XI/PI platforms (3.0,7.0 and 7.1).

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP hasn't supported SFTP so far.

You can try the SFTP adapter of http://www.advantco.com/. It has similar features to the SAP's FTP adapter (but works with the SFTP protocol) and is a certified adapter.

Regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all, what do you intent to use, because FTPS is not the same as SFTP: FTPS (also known as FTP Secure and FTP-SSL) is an extension to the commonly used File Transfer Protocol (FTP) that adds support for the Transport Layer Security (TLS) and the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) cryptographic protocols.

FTPS should not be confused with the SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP), an incompatible secure file transfer subsystem for the Secure Shell (SSH) protocol.

FTPS can be done using PI's file adapter, but for SFTP you'll need a different adapter, like http://www.aedaptive.com/index.php/solutions/sftp-for-sap-netweaver