cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employee Self service problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is already ESS business package is uploaded into EP6 SP13 based portal.but some of the services are not working.what is the way to resolve this?i am new to ESS and webdynpro programming.these are the following errors i am getting when i access the services:

-

service:life and work events:blank

service:personal information-->Switch Personel Number:500 internal server Error.

service>travel and expenses>my travel expense:portal runtime exception:runtime exception.

service:benifits and payments:W2_reprint :500 internal server error

service:work enviroment-->eqipment card:everything is displayed in German

service:purchasing>CheckStatus>Null pointer exception

service:purchasing-->confirm goods/services :portal runtime exception

service:Purchasing-->Shop:portal runtime exception(java null pointer exception)

service>working time>Time statement for chosen period:FPMRuntimeException

service>working time>Leave Request:500 internal server error

service:working time-->checkin/checout correction:500 internal server error

service:working time-->Recard working time

A critical error has occured. Processing of the service had to be terminated. Unsaved data has been lost.

Please contact your system administrator.

-

how to find,why these errors are coming?could anybody help me out?

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You'll have to look into the documentation for answers. The documentation shows what the pre-requisites are for the iViews and what configuration is needed on the backend (R/3) system.

To locate the documentation, go here:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/developerareas/contentportfolio

Then click on Self Service and click on the link for the ESS business package that you are using (there is more than one).

Most of the time errors happen due to the lack of configuration on the backend system or because your company may not be maintaining data exactly as SAP intended or may not be using certain functionality at all. For example, if you don't have the benefits functionality configured in R/3, the corresponding iViews will not work.