Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stms configuration error

former_member829550
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi all,

when i am trying to configure stms , a error " error during distribution of tp configuration".

when i checked the tms alert viewer in that "read_profile_failed", "write profilefailed" and "tp_reported_error" with tp return code :0208.

also parameter "sapevtpath" not set

sapmnt\trans\bin\tp_domain_qas.pfl trans directory not set is getting displayed.

help needed,

reagards,

bhupesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member829550
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanks for your answers.

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
\sapmnt\trans\bin\tp_domain_qas.pfl trans directory not set is getting displayed.

that means /sapmnt directory is not shared or does not have the full permission.

So check the permission of /sapmnt and provide full acess

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Subhash is correct, I faced the similar problem. In usr/sap..., my sap folder is not in shared, so I faced the above issue. In my case once If I log in as Administrator, this folder comes in sharing , so out admin suggested to reboot the server, it worked for some time and problem repeated. So finally we uppdated some standard windows patches, then the issue is sorted out.

Regards,

Hari.

former_member829550
Active Participant
0 Kudos

the problem is that trans dir has full permissions at the OS level but still we are encountering the same error. wonder is that it is saying the tp_domain.pfl file is missing though it exists with full permissions.

any suggestions....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Because it's not able to read that profile file.Pl. make sure that "sap" folder( in /usr/sap/<SID>....) is in sharing mode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this a windows-server? Then be sure to set the permissions for the share and for the folder in its physical path. They can be different and 'full access to everyone' for <drive>:\usr\sap\trans doesn't mean that these rights apply to
servername\sapmnt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please check your permissions for the folder (Trans) first then check versions for TP the version should be same for all the server were TMS is configured.

Warm Regards.

Mohammed Hassan Naved

SAP Basis Consultant

former_member829550
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hey guys.......

the usr/sap/trans directory is in sharing mode and has full permissions but still the same error is occuring.

let me describe what excatly happened .

i configured the domain controller for the first time when i logged into the system and it was successfull.

(that time no error occured). Then i deleted the TDC configuration and again i configured it ( now this time i am gettting the error "error during distribution of tp configuration"

when i checked the tms alert viewer in that "read_profile_failed", "write profilefailed" and "tp_reported_error" with tp return code :0208.

also parameter "sapevtpath" not set

i have a doubt regarding this... i imported the profile from active servers before configuring the TDC for the second time. i there any effect of profiles on the configuration of TDC.

this is what i did and still unable to get a hint about the problem........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhupesh,

<Deleted by Moderator>

This is a professional, international forum. Do not use SMS lingo in posts.

regards,

Edited by: Matt Kangas on Feb 10, 2009 10:06 AM

0 Kudos

What are the windows patches that you used to sort out this issue..can u please let me know?