cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

History (shipment) data is missing in Demand Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

This is an unusual happened to our system recently. We have missed the history data in demand planning. But after an overnight, the histories are now available in the system. With this, can someone tell me why we do not see DP history data consistently before i.e. what causes the info cube load jobs not to run.

Thank you,

Sev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What could have happened is that the job to load 'Sales History' from the infocube into LC could have failed and resulted in this inconsistency. If you have a macro to clear the old sales history before the daily load, and the sales history load job failed, you could end up with zero sales history.

The job could have executed sucessfully the next day and hence the sale history 're-appeared'. Suggest you to check out the SM37 logs and check out whether there were any failures & investigate the cause of failure.

regards,

Srinidhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for your answers guys, really appreciated.

On the planning book we've been using are NO macros that write on History key kigure to zero it. But when I checked the DP time series for LCA version 000 and got the message

"NUMBER OF SUPERFLUOUS TIME SERIES 9"

Can someone encounter this before? thank you.

Best regards,

Sev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

APO has two databases. One is livecache and other is database like Oracle or DB2 etc. The master data is stored in the database and the transaction data is in livecache. When ever the master data (CVCs) are created, you need to synchronize the times series. If this is not doen, you can have superflous ( extra) CVCs that are not linked. This causes errors. Not just this, there could be other db related reasons too. SO the SAP recommends running consistency check /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_CONS_CHECK

just after loading data and /SAPAPO/TS_PSTRU_CONS_CHECK

after creation of CVCs with the repair option.

Check the repair option and correct that. It's very common error.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While there could be more reasons, it could be because of some failed job or most probably a live cache inconsistency. Go to OM17 and do a DB consistency check.