cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Library-NoClassDefFoundException

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to Web Dynpro development.I am trying to use an custom API to of MDM in SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SP9.

The steps I have followed is as per the blogs below :

/people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/09/14/a-bit-of-impractical-scripting-for-web-dynpro

/people/bertram.ganz/blog/2008/11/24/how-to-use-external-jar-files-in-web-dynpro-development-components

To summarize what I have done:

1- I am creating a Development Component of Type External Library and adding the required libraries to

the 'libraries' folder.

2- Creating Public parts of type Compilation and Assembly and adding the libraries to each of the Public parts

3-Creating Development Component of J2EE Server Component type and adding the Public part of type Assembly created in Step 2 of External Library DC to its Used DC.

4-Now while building the J2EE Server Component DC ,I am getting Warning as below though while Deploying its getting deployed successfully.

Also when I am checking in the <var>gen/default/plublic/defLib/lib/java</var> folderI dont see the JAR files there which should be present as per the blog.

Aslo after successful deployment of the Development Component of J2EE Server Component type ,the Library entry is present in the Visual Administrator but it doesnt show the JAR files added.

So when using this Development Component of J2EE Server Component type in my Web Dynpro DC I am getting NoClassDefFoundException.

Please help.

-

Warning: Source folder does not exist, will be ignored: server

Warning: No runtime information available for development component type External Library (sap.com), cannot validate runtime dependency.

Plugin initialized in 0.04 seconds

createDeployArchive:

[mkdir] Created dir: D:\Documents and Settings\ksingh1\.dtc\LocalDevelopment\t\0B2D8A5A3522A24DAB1BB98B36D406FA\sdaprep

[cda] Creating descriptor server/provider.xml ...

[cda] WARNING: Ignoring invalid runtime dependency on MDM_Lib (sap.com), type External Library

packDeployArchive:

[srcpacker] Creating source archive

[srcpacker] No sources available for packing, no archive will be created.

[timer] Source archive creation finished in 0.03 seconds

[dcinfo] Creating deploy archive info

[jarsap] Info: JarSAP version 20041217.1600

[jarsap] Info: JarSAPProcessing version 20060104.1634 / JarSL version 20060518.1400

[jarsap] Property jarsap.info.dir is not set.

[jarsap] Building: D:\Documents and Settings\ksingh1\.dtc\LocalDevelopment\DCs\sap.com\kpmg_mdmapi\_comp\gen\default\deploy\sap.com~kpmg_mdmapi.sda with compression

[timer] JarSAP finished in 0.021 seconds

Ant runtime 0.171 seconds

Ant build finished with WARNINGS

Build plugin finished at 2009-02-05 00:34:21 GMT-05:00 (EST)

Total build plugin runtime: 0.341 seconds

Build finished with WARNING

-

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The J2EE Server Component is used to deploy the external JAR files to the Server. But, as you have created the SDA type of Public part, you need not necessarily use the J2EE server component.

Instead, you can use the API (Compilation) type of PP directly in you DC.

If it is a Web Dynpro DC where you need to use the external JARs, then, you need to add both the public parts in the Used DC section and

if it is an EJB where you are using them, then, Add the API type Public part in the EJB Used DC, and the SDA type Public Part in the EAR DC.

For futher reference, refer to Bala's Blog: /people/bala.krishnan2/blog/2006/09/25/bid-adieu-to-bots--using-captchas

Regards,

Alka.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try to deploy it from NWDS Ver 2.0.13 or 2.0.14 or else u wont find the jars deployed at the server.

deploying this dc is version specific....please do note that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using NWDS version 7.0.09.Can you please let me know which version you are refering to when you say 2.0.13/2.0.14.I meant is it &.0/7.1 and which Service pack?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have the following environments.

- SAP Portal 7.01 SP5

- SAP MDM 7.1 SP3

- SAP NWDS 7.01.05

--> I created a Development Component of Type "External Library" and add all MDM Jars in library folder, created Public Parts for Compilation & Assembly with both Build Time & Run Time.

--> Created a new Development Component of Type J2EE Server Component (Library) and add the above two Public Parts as used DCs with only Build Time. Deployed this project in Portal Server (I can see the MDM Jars files when i view the project in Visual Administrator)

--> Created a new Development Component of Type WEBDYNPRO, and add the above J2EE Server Component DC as a Used DC with Build Time only. Add an entry under Library References for the above J2EE DC. Build the project and deployed in Portal. When i run the project, i get "NoClassDefFoundException".

We downloaded MDMJ71003_13-10006189.zip from Service Marketplace in which u201Cmdm-api-7.1.03.62-java1.4.2.zipu201D has MDM Jars.

Could any one please help me? Your help is really appreciated.

Thanks

Vijay Budati

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have the following environments.

- SAP Portal 7.01 SP5

- SAP MDM 7.1 SP3

- SAP NWDS 7.01.05

--> I created a Development Component of Type "External Library" and add all MDM Jars in library folder, created Public Parts for Compilation & Assembly with both Build Time & Run Time.

--> Created a new Development Component of Type J2EE Server Component (Library) and add the above two Public Parts as used DCs with only Build Time. Deployed this project in Portal Server (I can see the MDM Jars files when i view the project in Visual Administrator)

--> Created a new Development Component of Type WEBDYNPRO, and add the above J2EE Server Component DC as a Used DC with Build Time only. Add an entry under Library References for the above J2EE DC. Build the project and deployed in Portal. When i run the project, i get "NoClassDefFoundException".

We downloaded MDMJ71003_13-10006189.zip from Service Marketplace in which u201Cmdm-api-7.1.03.62-java1.4.2.zipu201D has MDM Jars.

Could any one please help me? Your help is really appreciated.

Thanks

Vijay Budati

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also check the following link to create external library DC and confirm you did not miss any step:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/5a/2e2f4234135433e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards.

Rajat