cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Profit Centers with Same GL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just create an FI document with the same G/Ls, but differnet profit centres, crediting the wrong one and debiting the right one.

Entry:

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do this; of course, original document will remain with wrong profit centre, but the balance of profit centre will be corrected. Another way is to post an internal PCA document (9KE0) - there is no need in FI document for profit centre balances correction.

Regards,

Eli

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vimal_kumar4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding once a document is posted in FI, we cannot change the profit center. Alternatively, you can reverse the document and re-post a new document with correct profit center.

Pls award points if the reply is useful.

Regards

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is your requirement ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Entry 40 230001 Acc'D Payroll - Direct 1030001 (PCA) 29788.00

50 230001 Acc'D Payroll - Direct 1091013 29788.00

Document No.103818805 and Clearing Document same

Document type: AB

Throught automatic clearing GLs SAPF124

How to update different profitcenters.

Please help

Edited by: Madhava Venkat on Feb 5, 2009 12:34 PM

durgasankar_innamuri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello venkat,

In the posted document there is two line items. now you want to change the profit center on the document which is posted and cleared.

Tell me one thing in one line item is there any field like business area is same as profit center.

What i mean to say

PK GLac Amount B.area P.center

40 15000 1000.00 1000 1000

50 25000 1000.00 1000 1000

In the above example my business area is equal to profit center in the initial there is some postings happened. after that client realized that this has to be change without passing any accounting documents. we created a substitution like profit center field substituted with business area field.

Like that i made all the changes. We are not implemented profit center accounting. It is a statistical object.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Sankar