cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Pool error for MaxDB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting Connection pool error in 11.5 when i am trying to establish the connection with MaxDB.

Does any one have clue to solve .. Attached the log :

Fatal error while filling connection pool for jdbc:inetdae:192.168.43.47:1433?database=CE1&sql7=true com.inet.tds.SQLException: Connection refused: connect java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method) at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:305) at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:171) at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:158) at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:452) at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:402) at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:309) at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:124) at com.inet.tds.TdsDriver.a(Unknown Source) at com.inet.tds.TdsDriver.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Regards

Vaibhav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am having the same problem connecting to my database from MII. I have installed MII 12.1 in NWAS CE 711. I am using MaxDB 7.x . I uploaded and deployed the correct sapdb.jar and my data server configuration is as follows,

Name Value

Connector IDBC

ConnectorID

ConnectorType SQL

DatePrefix '

DateSuffix '

DaysRetention 7

Description Database for the SIA Instance

Enabled T

InitCommand

InternalDateFormat yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss

JDBCDriver com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.DriverSapDB

MaxRetryCount 5

Name TestSIADB

PoolMax 100

PoolSize 5

RetryInterval 60000

ServerPackage com.sap.xmii.Illuminator.connectors.IDBC

ServerURL jdbc:sapdb://localhost:7210/CE1?timeout=0

Timeout 15

UseCount 256

UserName mii_adm

ValidationQuery

WaitTime 30

Still I get a status error. I tried to see the NW logs and I find the following warnings,

Created Connection pool [jdbc:sapdb://localhost:7210/CE1]:

Unable to fill connection pool for jdbc:sapdb://localhost:7210/CE1

Unable to detemermine maximum number of connections from JDBC driver

Do you have an idea what I would be doing wrong hereu2026!?!

Thanks

Domnic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Meanwhile, I found out why this problem came up. The Netweaver error logs said u2013 Unable to create connection pools. This was because it was disabled in Windows.

step 1) Make sure that X Server is running in services.msc

step 2) Start -> Control Panel - > Administrator tools - > ODBC Sources - Connection Pool (Tab). Here, the MaxDB was disabled. I enabled it and tested with the same ServerURL, it works fine 

cheers

Domnic

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MaxDB != SQLServer

http://www.oxygenxml.com/database_drivers.html

You'll need to deploy the proper jdbc driver and will have to adjust more than just the connection string.