Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Integration Process and Monitoring Process

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

What is the difference between Integration Process and Monitoring Process available in PI7.1?

SAP says that Monitoring process is a special kind of integration process that receives the event messages.

My doubt is even integration process can receive the event messages.

Why these two different type of entities are created for the same purpose?

And what is the technical difference between the two in terms of PI perspective?

Regards,

Sami.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP also says that the memory consumption for Monitoring Processes is different from Integration Processes, which makes sense, because MP's are meant to stay active for a longer period of time. I haven't come across any more detailed information yet.

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Iddo,

Yes you are right, Monitoring Process has to active for the long time to wait for the particular event message by means of the receive step for that event message. Integration Process also wait for the message if it find any receive step in its flow.

Regards,

Sami.

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My question is now answered.

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70a25d3a-e4fa-2a10-43b5-b4169ba3eb17]

On page 17 of this pdf following sentence is mentioned :-

From technical perspective, there is no difference between monitoring process and integration process.

Though logically those are two deifferent things.

Monitoring porcesses are used to receive only event messages that is comprises of event data only.

Like Purchase order creation is a event and its event message will have the event data like Order Id, Created on, Created by, Quantity etc., instead of whole purchase order.

Where as Integration Process is a way to provide solution in some specific circummtances like where we have to automate our process or where we need something in between for the course of communication.

Guys thanks for your precious time.

Regards,

Sami.

Answers (0)