cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg..C-Folder Authorization Problem Integration with SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are Implementing SRM5.0 Integration with C-Folder.

We are facing some problem which are Go-Live critical.

Question-1 Work area and public area are created in c-folder but user specific authorizations is a

problem.

Public area (doc. uploaded by purchaser) should be assessable(but non modifiable) to all. It

is happening in the system.

Question-2 Work area for upload of vendor doc is getting created but vendor specific c-folder area should

be accessible to that particular vendor only, which is not happening. Presently everybody is

accessing any body's c-folder doc. Which is required to be restricted to specific user. Even

purchaser can access it only after the opening the bid. Even in the c-folder all the uploaded

doc are assessable to all which is to be restricted.

Please help me on the above questions.

Points would be surely awarde for the helping Ans.

BR,

Vijay Mittal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I would suggest you to check the authorizations provided at the Collaboration level. If all the users are given the authorization at that element, everyone will be able to see the Work areas as well as Public Areas.

Secondly, ensure that the authorizations are provided only at the Work area levels to the specific users (in your case the Vendors).

I am sure this will help you to resolve your query.

Regards,

Nishit Jani

Award Points only if you find the information useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Frankly speaking i couldn't understand your questions fully.

1) The standard behaviour is : any document uploaded in the public area should be visible to everybody invited in the collaboration. The purchasers and approvers can edit the document whereas the invited bidders have 'read only' access to public area folders/ documents. However they get a editable version of documents copied into their respective private area.

So whoever has access to RFx , do have access to collaboration public area as described. If you wish to have additional authorization for any other user , you have to do that manually or using FM CFX_ACO_API_ACTIVITIES_GET and CFX_ACO_API_ACTIVITIES_SET ( call then in BBP_CFOLDER_BADI)

2) Vendor specific areas are always accessible for relevant vendor only. They get a copy of public area documents in editable mode over there, and these vendor specific areas are mutually exclusive.

Pl confirm if you are using Standard SRM / cfolders roles.

I have seen this problem where teams have non standard roles in their system , i can explain more if you confirm this.

Rregards

Alok