cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Config to select Checking Rule "A" during Sales order availability check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please can you tell me the config that tells system to select the checking rule "A" during sales order availability check. The problem at my client side is that the system was using the checking rule "A" initially but suddenly it has started using checking rule "B" (delivery) for sales order. The item category being used in YAN and Scheduline Line category is YC (ATP and Allocation allowed).

The checking group is getting picked up correctly from the Material Master value.

I have tried to find all the possible config that might be causing this issue, but I am unable to find one. Based on my understanding of the SAP SD process, there is no place where we can define in system to use the "checking rule" for SD availability check. This is the default (hard-coded) in the system.

Please can you help me to find how the checking rule "B" might be getting called instead of "A".

Regards,

Swapnil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Checking rule is transaction based like A for SD sales order and B for SD delivery like that it is defined

So in a sales order the system checks with the combination of AChecking rule and the Checking group defined in MMR and for that combination we give controls in OVZ9 and based on that system makes availability check

Every one and all SAP materials including myself say Checking Rule is transaction based and picked up by the system thro hard coded controls

But In t code OPJL it is possible to define new checking rules that means customization is possible

But where is the link or assignment

For this nobody has given correct answers including the PP friends

For you the system is shifting the Checking Rule from A to B in the sales order itself means we can find out get where the said assignment is done

In OVZ9 remove the combination Checking rule B and your Checking group and save

You said the system has shifted its Checking rule to B from A

Now test it after removing this control in OVZ9 and see the system is shifting once again to A or throwing error as the control is removed in OVZ9

make sure that you do this in a sales order and post back

Regards

Raja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information. This confirms by understanding tht system automatically set's the "A" and "B" as the checking rule for SD.

The SD consultant had a look at this and found that the sales order was using checking B because at the time of sales order creation, it was automatically creating a delivery. And hence system was using B instead of A.

thanks for your inputs.

Regards,

Swapnil

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.