cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roadmap UI Component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all SDNers,

I am carrying out development for a particular requirement on NWDS using WebDynpro Java on CE 7.1 Platform of Netweaver

My requirement is of a Inquiry to Quotaion Process. So there are three Dynpro pages that will be there for user entry of data and will call BAPI services in backend to persist SAP data.

So

1) I want to use a roadmap UI component to display of top of each page denoting which step is carried out. Start --> Inquiry --> Quote. So if it is enquiry process it should be highlighted and rest all not highlighted. I dont want to enable navigation via this roadmap component but just the display.

Am new to NWDS. So please mention every step that needs to be done for fulfilling above requirement.

2) When a user clicks a particular button on the page a new window pops up wherein user can search for customer details. Once user is found out, that is selected and the data is populated onto the main window. Please mention the steps on this can be done.

Any help will be very useful.

Thnks a ton and in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) After adding the roadmap UI to your view, right click on it and insert the steps..

2) Create plugs to the various views you want to go to ,eg : 2 plugs in Start to go to Inquiry and Quote views, if you are using views.

3) In the OnSelect () action of the roadmap element, add a parameter of type String ,say ,"Step".

4) Add this code in the doModifyView() of the view containing the roadmap..

IWDRoadMap RM = (IWDRoadMap)view.getElement(<name of the roadmap>);

RM.mappingOfOnSelect().addSourceMapping(IWDRoadMap.IWDOnSelect.STEP,"Step");

Here Step & STEP are the name of the parameter of the OnSelect () Action: eg: Step

5) In the OnSelect() Method, add this code,

if(Step == "RoadMapStep")

wdFirePlugOut(); // go to the appropriate view or window.eg:Start view or window

else if(Step == "RoadMapStep1"

wdFirePlugOut2(); // go to the appropriate view or window

Step will contain the id of the selected roadmap element, eg: if you select Start, and if the id of the Start step is "RoadMapStep", it 'll be stored in Step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meenakshi,

Thanks a ton for the info

1) Right clicking on the Roadmap component does not have a Insert steps menu item

2) If i keep a roadmap component on the 1 st view then i go to an other view. WIll this view be visible on the next view automatically with that particular step highlighted or need i write some code?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

1) Right Click the roadmap element in the Outline view in the left side

2) You have to do the same steps in all the views where you want the roadmap

Thanks & Regards,

Meenakshi.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member192434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check out this step by step Roadmap UI element implementations

blog as well

/people/ashutosh.rastogi/blog/2008/02/25/guided-procedure-or-roadmap-in-vcwebdynpro

lib file

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/55/9abe6671d0d64fba6c91e6ea9e1185/frameset.htm

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For roadmap, we used the following in our project...

1) add this code in the doModifyView of the view which contians the roadmap..

IWDRoadMap RM = (IWDRoadMap)view.getElement("RoadMap");

RM.mappingOfOnSelect().addSourceMapping(IWDRoadMap.IWDOnSelect.STEP,"Step");

Here Step is a parameter in the onSelect action of the roadmap.

This 'Step' parameter will contian the id of the roadmap element selected.eg: if the id of the Start element is 'RoadMapStep1', Step will contain this....

2) After this, you can compare the ids and set the plug out to respective views...in the onSelect Action

eg: if(Step== "Step1")

{

wdThis.wdFirePlugUpdateOut();

}

else if(Step == "Step2")

{

wdThis.wdFirePlugEditOut2();

}

else if(Step == "Step3")

{

wdThis.wdFirePlugEditOut3();

}

else if(Step == "Step4")

{

wdThis.wdFirePlugEditOut4();

}

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Meenakshi,

I am new to Webdynpro. Can you please elaborate on the steps?

sanyev
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

You can go through this [tutorial|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20d2def3-f0ec-2a10-6b80-877a71eccb68] to learn more about opening popup windows in Webdynpro. You can also go through this [post.|]

Regards,

Sanyev