Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS Element cost settlement with revenue posted

former_member200271
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everybody:

The problem I'm facing is like below:

expenses/costs and revenues are posted into one WBS Element, now I would like to settle the expenses/costs (excluding revenues) to an inventory account. SAP throws out a message telling the allocation structure is not complete, and the revenue account is listed.

I guess the logic SAP is following is I must include all cost/revenue elements posted in the WBS Element into the allocation structure.

is it a standard SAP logic? Or is there any other way to solve the problem?

Points are assured for any helpful answer.

Andy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

The best way for customer projects period end closing is by using Result Analysis.Here while running KKA2 or KKAJ system will calculate WIP,COS,Reserves etc and while running settlement by cj88 or cj8g system will post the documents to FI.Also if u want to post cos,reveunes to COPA then create settllement rule to PSG.

But if you dont want to use RA ,then create Allocation structure for costs and revenues and in costs mention the cost elements and in settlement cost element enter the reciever .Also same for revenues ,enter the settlement to PSG.

Regards,

Muzamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use Result analysis functionality for project.

Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

How can we settled to revnue WBS & Where to settle? Normally our project also capture the Revenue and Cost through the WBS only. What is the Process we follow? I think so Revenues captured from Sales Orders, and Cost Captures from the FI and CO modules. is there any sugessions.

Thanks & Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

for the revenue settlement you have to use "PSG" Profitability segement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

How can we settled to revnue WBS & Where to settle? Normally our project also capture the Revenue and Cost through the WBS only. What is the Process we follow? I think so Revenues captured from Sales Orders, and Cost Captures from the FI and CO modules. is there any sugessions.

Thanks & Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Yes, you should complete the allocation structure to execute the settelemnt.

It's standard

let me know if you still have question

psconsulant

former_member200271
Participant
0 Kudos

Besides posting costs, I have to post the revenue. So the only solution would be: I create another WBS Element to collect revenues, am I correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. Andy

psconsultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We generally use Ra key S0001 method 14 RRB (resource related billing).

Normally when you have costs in progress(not yet invoiced), the system calculate a wip at the

end of the fiscal period (KKAJ).

I you make an invoice for this costs at the next period, the system must cancel the previous wip

and put the costs in the status COS ( cost of sales ).

Since we migrate from 4.5b to ECC6 we have big problems because invoices don't cancel the wip

anymore.

Can you help us?