cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Array of Values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could anybody tell whats the best way to hold an array (1-D) of values in a variable and use them at a later point in the transaction? Thanks.

Regards,

V M.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved successfully.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A small IllumDoc (Rowset/Rowset/Row) is quite easy to create and access using xpath, all with relatively low overhead. The benefit of this format would also mean all of the XML functions for join, sort/filter, etc. all work using this format.

Depending upon where your 1-D values are coming from a string property could hold them in comma separated format and when you need to work with them you can use the string list to xml action to get at the individual items.

MII 12.1 will introduce additional options for map and list objects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy,

Thanks for the tip. Heres the exact description of what I am having trouble with -

I have multiple rows of output from a BLS transaction and I need to map each of these rows to a unique identifier which I used to extract the data and input into the transaction initially. Since I am sending all the input data at once into the BAPI and that doesn't necessarily include the unique identifier, I am finding it difficult to map the output back to the respective identifier. Can you help me please? I am using 12.0.4 Build(120). Thanks.

Regards,

V M.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For future posts it might be worth your time to be less vague in your questions - the more detailed the question, the easier it will be for people to respond.

Even with your 'exact description' it is still somewhat unclear as to where you are having the problems.

You send an input document into a TRX, call a BAPI with the data, and then return an output document. In another TRX that calls this one you are trying to realign the unique identifier (assumedly a database ID or something like that) with the output document.

Does the order remain unchanged? If so it should be as simple as using xpath to request the row by position index and you will be able to resolve your issue: /Rowset/Rowset/Row[x]/ColName

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry man. I will try to do a better job next time. But I think we both are on the same page now.

Yes, the order of the output doesn't change. How can I pass the value of 'x' in the expression '/Rowset/Rowset/Row[x]/ColName' dynamically?

I tried to link the Repeater.CurrentItem to 'x'. The 'Repeater.CurrenItem' would increment but the '/Rowset/Rowset/Row[x]/ColName' expression would display only the first value. Any idea whats wrong?

Regards,

V M.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you looked at the dynamic link option in the link editor and/or help docs?

Try something like this: /Rowset/Rowset/Row[#Repeater.CurrentItem#]/ColName

The xpath evaluation must be replaced before being passed to the parser, so the #xxx# approach will allow the expression engine a dynamic replacement, which is very similar to using [Param.1] in an SQL Query template (the value gets replaced before sending the query to the database).

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

You know what? You are a very good man!

I used singel quote (') and double quote ("), but the # did the trick.

Peace,

V M.