cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from SAP Cableway to SAP for Mill Products

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could you please help me on the activities required and roadblocks to take into account for moving from a SAP Cableway solution to the SAP for Mill Products solution?

Any guidelines, documents will be very helpful.

Thank you in advance,

chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Haags
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

There are 2 aspects to consider for the migration project:

1. Technical view

2. Data view

Moving from Cable Solution 4.6C Add on to ERP 6.0 / APO 5.1 is not a simple upgrade.

The CS add on data structures needs to be migrated to ERP (new data mode using characteristics)

Options:

A) 4.6C technical upgrade to ERP and run data migration programs (only master data)

B) New ERP installation and import the needed data from CS 4.6C

For case A) we offer a CS-to-DIMP-Migration-Guide.pdf. You will get as well the migration programs. Therefore please contact your SAP account manager.

Conclusion:

The strategy dependents on several parameters.

In general: As more users, plants, countries are using CS 4.6C, as more obvious will be strategy B approach.

Greetings,

Stefan Haag

SAP Mill Products & Mining

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan Weisenberger and Stefan Haag,

Thank you for your valuable help.

I will review your 2 recommandations and will make sure to let you know.

I assume I will probably contact you again and also go to our SAP Account Manager.

Thanks,

Chris

former_member311909
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Stefan Haag,

Can give the deatils of weblink for Best practices for SAP- Discrete Industries and Mill Products (SAP ECC-DIMP) for Cable.

Regards,

somiraghu

0 Kudos

Hello Chris

the best place to start your search is the support note 642023 that combines most knowledge on upgrade tools, and other ressources that help you on your way from SAP Cable Solutions to SAP for Mill Products.

Please check the note (assuming if you have access to the SAP Service Marketplace). If you need additional information, and need to discuss specific questions, please let me know.

Best regards,

Stefan