cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assign material to batch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i try to create delivery to sales order, the message is assign batch to the material. This material is configurable material. can someone help me how to assign a batch to the material? how is a batch defined for a material? where should i check. Please help in solving the issue.

Thanks

Challa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor

If you want ot assign a batch number to the material, you can do it during goods issue in MIGO or MB1C.

In MB1C, you can give the material number, quantity and Batch number. You have to use movement type 561 to receive the goods in MB1C

Hope this helps

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

check,

Batch Determination during order Creation.

For this you need to maintain a Classes d for you Material. Depending on the Manufacturing process you can define the characteristics for your material.

Ex: Purity for Medicines, Resistance for Electric Items.

You need to create a class (You might have to create a new class type) which incorporates the characteristic.

First Create the Characteristic Using Ct04 and then using Cl02 create the Class including this characteristic.

Then in your material master Classification View Enter this class.

Then Create a Batch for the particular plant and Stor Loc using MSC1N.Give the value of the characteristics in this batch.

Then go to SPRO ->Logistics General ->Batch Management and maintain the Condition Technique (Procedure, Strategy Types and assignment to sales docs etc).

Then Create the Batch Determination Record using VCH1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to create a new batch go to Tcode MSC1N.Give the material, plant & storage location & create a new batch.

When you intialize the stock go to Tcode MB1C, give material, quantity & give the batch which you have created.

Regds......

Sumit

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Chella,

1.Check the activation of Automatic Batch Determination for Sales Order Items through this IMG path

Spro>IMG>Logistics general>Batch management>Batch determination and batch check-->Activate automatic batch determination in SD

--->Automatic Batch Determination for Sales Order Items.

-->Maintain the material stock in batches.

2.Try to enter the batch for the material in sales order under All items next to the Plant.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.