cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IDES 47E Installation Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am trying to install SAP IDES 47E in my Windows 2003 Server machine.I am at the step just before where the installation has to start i.e. specifying the export package location from the disk but I encounter an error :

ERROR 2009-02-04 13:19:24

FSL-02015 Node E:\4.7\Disk\DATA does not exist.

MSC-01003 ESyException: ESAPinstException: error text undefined

FJS-00012 Error when executing script.

However when i check on the disk , the path is valid and Node E:\4.7\Disk\DATA does exist.

Where am I going wrong ?

BR,

Abhilasa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
FSL-02015 Node E:\4.7\Disk\DATA does not exist.

As per my understanding it comes due to special character which you used

Regards,

Subhash

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi your export file might be corrupted check your export first..or put new export

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for all your input.I have finished installing SAP IDES 47E in my system.The reason for which I was getting the error was that I was trying to install from my Administrator account and the SAP Start Service was trying to find a profile for the installation and was returning with a null everytime. So i created a profile other than the Administrator and restarted the installation.It worked !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now that the system is installed I have a few more queries :

1. According to the installation guide , I have gone through the steps and set up the system. It asks me to setup 2 clients - Clnt 000 and Clnt 800 . How are they different ?

2. Now my server machine has both the frontend installation as well as the backend installation.I want to now access the backend in the server machine from my local machine by only installing the SAP GUI.Is that possible ? How do I go about it ?

Thanks and looking forward for your replies.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your prompt reply.I will try your suggestion of not having special characters to start with.I will get back to you guys again.Thanks for all the replies.

@Brunelle : Yes , I wanted to install IDES 4.7E with sql server instead of oracle 8i as the backend and i wanted to know if it is possible.But without a SAP license this doesn't seem possible.

~BR,

Abhilasa..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your help.What i did was the very basic stuff , removed the white spaces from the folder names and copied all the files into my local machine.This seemed to work.Right now I am in the installation mode which the guide said would take around 18 hrs.But I read it online that it could be done in 9 hrs depending on your m/c config.As of now the installation is running and will do so over the weekend.I will update you on Monday my status :-).Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Like i told i let the installation run for the weekend, however I arrive at the step where I could Continue with Installation or Interrupt Installation for MultiLanguage Support.I say Continue and i get an error message -

ERROR 2009-02-06 14:32:37

FSL-02015 Node D:\usr\sap does not exist.

MOS-01082 File system node D:\usr\sap with type DIRECTORY does not exist.

MOS-01105 Processing of one or more file system node operations of table Content of table: t_SAPComponent_Filesystem_Action_SHARED with condition WHERE WapsSystemName='DRS' AND WapsInstanceName='' AND WapsInstanceHost='017b11' AND OpMode = 'CHECKIF' Row[0] WapsSystemName="DRS" WapsInstanceHost="017b11" Key="WAPS_sapdir_dircheck" Condition="false" FollowLinks="TRUE" NodeName="D:\usr\sap" NodeType="DIRECTORY" OpMode="CHECKIF" Row[1] WapsSystemName="DRS" WapsInstanceHost="017b11" Key="WAPS_transdir_dircheck" Condition="false" FollowLinks="TRUE" NodeName="D:\usr\sap\trans" NodeType="DIRECTORY" OpMode="CHECKIF" Row[2] WapsSystemName="DRS" WapsInstanceHost="017b11" Key="WAPS_sapmount_dircheck" Condition="true" FollowLinks="TRUE" NodeName="D:\usr\sap" NodeType="DIRECTORY" OpMode="CHECKIF" failed.

ERROR 2009-02-06 14:35:57

FSL-02015 Node D:\usr\sap does not exist.

MOS-01082 File system node D:\usr\sap with type DIRECTORY does not exist.

MOS-01105 Processing of one or more file system node operations of table Content of table: t_SAPComponent_Filesystem_Action_SHARED with condition WHERE WapsSystemName='DRS' AND WapsInstanceName='' AND WapsInstanceHost='017b11' AND OpMode = 'CHECKIF' Row[0] WapsSystemName="DRS" WapsInstanceHost="017b11" Key="WAPS_sapdir_dircheck" Condition="false" FollowLinks="TRUE" NodeName="D:\usr\sap" NodeType="DIRECTORY" OpMode="CHECKIF" Row[1] WapsSystemName="DRS" WapsInstanceHost="017b11" Key="WAPS_transdir_dircheck" Condition="false" FollowLinks="TRUE" NodeName="D:\usr\sap\trans" NodeType="DIRECTORY" OpMode="CHECKIF" Row[2] WapsSystemName="DRS" WapsInstanceHost="017b11" Key="WAPS_sapmount_dircheck" Condition="true" FollowLinks="TRUE" NodeName="D:\usr\sap" NodeType="DIRECTORY" OpMode="CHECKIF" failed.

ERROR 2009-02-09 12:23:21

MOS-01012 PROBLEM: 'D:\usr\sap\DRS\SYS\exe\run/startsap name=DRS nr=00 SAPDIAHOST=017b11' returned with '-1' which is not a defined as a success code.

ERROR 2009-02-09 12:23:21

ERROR 2009-02-09 13:47:57

MOS-01012 PROBLEM: 'D:\usr\sap\DRS\SYS\exe\run/startsap name=DRS nr=00 SAPDIAHOST=017b11' returned with '-1' which is not a defined as a success code.

ERROR 2009-02-09 13:47:57

ERROR 2009-02-09 13:48:38

ERROR 2009-02-09 13:48:38

However the file startsap does exist in the above location since i checked it. My installation is now at Start SAP System (Post Processing) step when this fails.Do I have to start everything again ?

I also checked the startsap.log file and i get the following error -

Details are written to C:\SAPinst ORACLE KERNEL\startDRS.log

I also checked out the above file and i got -

running D:\usr\sap\DRS\SYS\exe\run/sapstart.exe name=DRS nr=00 SAPDIAHOST=017b11 -wait

Start service SAPDRS_00 on machine
017b11 StartService of SAPDRS_00 failed. Error#: 1069 CreateNamedPipe for
017b11\pipe\SAPDRS_00 Failed, Extended Error #2

017b11 StartService of SAPDRS_00 failed. Error#: 1069 Start (StartSAPService) failed. sapparam(1c): No Profile used.

Could you help me out where things might be going wrong ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

this sounds like a problem with the SAP Service:

net helpmsg 1069

The service did not start due to a logon failure.

Are the credentials entered in the service control panel actually correct? To be on the safe side, you can also try to recreate the Service:

1) Log into the NT machine as <SID>adm.

2) Run 'sapstartsrv.exe'.

3) Select "Uninstall Service + Unregister COM Interface"

4) Specify your SID and System Number (NR) and click ok.

5) Select "Install Service + Register COM Interface + Start Service".

6) Specify your SID and System Number (NR).

7) Specify your startprofile (use the 'browse' button).

😎 Specify your user as (domain\<SID>adm or workgroup\<SID>adm).

9) Specify the passsword for <SID>adm.

10) Click OK.

Does it work afterwards?

Best Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I restarted the installation and most of the errors are gone.The error i find right now is :

ERROR 2009-02-09 19:59:58

MOS-01012 PROBLEM: 'C:\usr\sap\DRS\SYS\exe\run/startsap name=DRS nr=00 SAPDIAHOST=017b11' returned with '-1' which is not a defined as a success code.

ERROR 2009-02-09 19:59:58

When i check the file location , the address bar is shown as :

C:\usr\sap\DRS\SYS\exe\run\startsap

Does it have anything to do with the forward & backward slashes ?

or do i have to carry out the steps Michael mentioned in the last reply ?

Looking forward to your kind reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also checked the log in C:\SAPinst ORACLE KERNEL\startsap.log which refers to C:\SAPinst ORACLE KERNEL\startDRS.log -

running C:\usr\sap\DRS\SYS\exe\run/sapstart.exe name=DRS nr=00 SAPDIAHOST=017b11 -wait

017b11 OpenService of SAPDRS_00 failed. Error#: 1060 CreateNamedPipe for
017b11\pipe\SAPDRS_00 Failed, Extended Error #2

017b11 OpenService of SAPDRS_00 failed. Error#: 1060 Start (StartSAPService) failed. sapparam(1c): No Profile used.

What is error #1060 ? Is the error there since I have not created any separate profile and I am installing from the Administrator profile ?

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

10-60 is a generic error.

check your Windows Event viewer in section Application, check the details for entries concerning your SAP service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your input. Btw , can you please let me know how to uninstall Oracle 8i which I had installed in the process of setting up IDES 4.7E ?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So that´s the reason for the trouble...

Oracle 8i does not run on Windows 2003.

Run setup again and remove the components.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

As already mentioned do not use 4.7 as directory, just use 47, else you will have this kind of errors.

peervali_syed
Participant
0 Kudos

the name of the folder which is containing the data should not contain any spaces between letters.check that out once....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in the DATA folder whether you have the *.001, *.STR, *.TOC files exists. These files are case senstive. If the files are in small charcters it will not acept and it will throws package does not found.

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, Abhilasha

just tell me that the folder names are without spaces or not in your DUMP ,this might cause an issue , make it correct and solve the problem....

Regards,

Pavan

Edited by: pavan konjarla on Feb 5, 2009 9:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilasa

Have you made an entry in etc/host for SAPTRANSHOST as per the guide. Also create user <sid>adm and give it administrator rights and try to run installation from there. Also check out the environment variables are set. Have you created an installation directory. You will find detail logs tehre. Also check the installation CD from which you are running the installation. Is it correct for the required OS and DB.

Lokesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've seen similar errors caused by authorization issues. Which account are you using for the install?

J. Haynes

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am logged in as the Administrator into the machine while trying to install the same.I have copied the entire package into my local system in the E:

What should I do now ?