cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot set user's default printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had some duplicate printers in our SAP system. I deleted the duplicates. Only one user is now having a problem. I have her default printer set in SU01 but when she tries to print, it defaults to the obsolete one. I cannot get it to change. Any ideas.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

g_srivastava
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I saw similar query earlier.The query was solved by DHCP check.

The similar issue was due to the printer using a DHCP instead of fixed (reserved) IP address.

Try changing the IP Address of the printer/ports to the new IP as generated through DHCP.

The query belonged to Thread: Printer Problems.Hope this might be some help to you.

Have a best day ahead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I read the same thread and this is not the case. In SU01, I have her default printer set to a printer called AMR-ADM-001. When the user prints, it autofills in the printer $AMR3, which is the short name of a printer that was deleted. When I deleted the old printer, I created the new one, AMR-ADM-001 and set as her default. She is able to type in the correct anme and print. It just will not default. I double checked IP addresses and settings. This is only happening for this user and many people have this printer as their default.